Chapter - 4

Ishaan's POV

But-"

"No buts, You're staying here that's it. Coffee?"   I asked after announcing my decision loud and clear.

She sighed,  well she accepted her defeat.
Ishaan - 1
Anannya - 0
(Yes I am noting the score)

"Alright, but on one condition." I know that look. With that look, she can convince anyone and I have no idea what her condition will be. I mentally prepared myself. You won't lose today, not today. Hopefully.

"Hey, where are you lost?" her voice dragged me back to reality.

"Nowhere. What is the condition." I took a deep breath ready for what comes next.
Am I overreacting?
Yes.
Do I need to?
Hell YES.

She sighed again making the environment serious.

"You, won't treat me as your guest."

Oh. well, that was not what I was expecting.

"Of course, you're not a guest," I stated with a lot of relief.

"That means you'll let me do the chores, like cleaning, doing dishes etc."

Another rule of Anannya - is never to be the burden.(Even when it's just her stupid brain assuming that she is.)

"Fine, whatever," I said annoyed. I won't like, her doing the chores but it's better to not argue. I'll just agree for now.

"No, not fine, I know you, you are just saying to wave off the conversation for now and then you'll still do all the work, either we both do it or none of us does."

Is she a fucking mind reader?
No matter how much I am annoyed by her right now, I can't help but notice how adorable she's looking while bossing around.

"Yes Boss, Pinky promise?" I pointed out my little finger while she looked at me in awe. We used to do this all our childhood. Like these pinky promises were some unbreakable vows.

"Seriously?" she snapped in disbelief, I  mean I know it's childish but we always did it. It's like our ritual.

"Don't act like you never made these promises." I defended myself.

"Fair enough...." a defeating sigh again "Fine" her finger tangled with mine.

Adrenaline rushed through my veins and I was shocked by how normal I was on the outside while on the inside my systems were practically failing.

Anyways,

Ishaan-2
Anannya-0  

"Now I am sleepy." she yawned and stretched her arms, she looked and was really tired but still somehow managed to make my heart skip a beat every time her hazel eyes met mine.

It was all okay until I realised. I messed up. I just got to know about her arrival yesterday there was no way I could arrange a fucking extra bed!

"Uhh...There is no extra bed" I swallowed a lump formed in my throat while my eyes wandered everywhere but at her. I just can't face her.

"WHAT! And you are insisting I stay here for 7 more days, so kind of you Ish!"

Even though her words were dipped in sarcasm my stupid ears couldn't ignore when she said Ish. Again.

I suppressed my smile.....somehow.

"It's fine I'll sleep on the couch" I stuttered, My words were no less than the dialogue of some clichè movie.

"You don't have a couch, Ish." She growled. Her straight face and death glare were killing me, I just couldn't make out if it was because she was scaring me or something else.

Well, having a couch would be stupid and a waste of money considering I practically live in my college or at pubs I barely am even in my own house.

"Right...It's so silly."  I tried to add humour while her glare was ripping my skin off.

"I have a spare mattress, I'll sleep on the ground." I squeaked as her glare intensified.
I need to thank my mom cause if she hadn't forced me to keep an extra mattress, I would've been dead meat until now.

"It's fine, I will." She hissed. Her exhaustion was reflected in her tone.

"No it's f-" Before I could speak any further she cut me off.

"I. will." She emphasised every word, making herself so clear that now not even God himself could change her decision.

Final decision made, I forgot how scary she can be at times, but it felt nice just like the old times.

Ishaan - 2
Anannya - 1.