Ch-10

Anannya's POV

It was around evening and we were on our way to Juhu Beach before we stopped to eat something I wasn't that hungry cause the breakfast was wholesome but who can ever say no to vada-pav in Mumbai? 

So here we are, Ish brought me to his go-to place. It was a small stall, well that's where the actual taste resents.

As soon as I took a bite of vada-pav a wave of satisfaction flushed over me, I was hungry I just didn't realise it.

"Mmmm....no one can beat this taste. You like it?" He asked, I didn't have the heart to tell him but I had to.

"The taste is amazing but I've had better." The utter shock on his face made me choke.

"Better?Than This?" I was coughing and he was just stuck on the vada pav.

"Can.I.Get.Some.Water." I barely said coughing between. He gave me a bottle and was still traumatized. When I was back to normal, he was all over me.

"WHEN?WHERE?HOW?" I didn't know he would be so dramatic but again it's ISH we are talking about.

"calm the hell down.....there is this one place in Delhi where there is a stall like this and she makes the best vada pavs ever, like perfect spiciness and mixture of many flavours. Like I can't exactly explain it." He was quite disappointed. So to cheer him up I thought to just change the topic.

"Let's eat some gol gappe." His eyes widened at least 4 inches and he scoffed in disbelief and I immediately understood what was going to happen.

"PANI PURI. It's called PANIPURI." He yelled he was looking so cute I just couldn't handle it and burst into laughter.

"I never understood this why pani puri, gol gappe makes sense, I mean it's round." He looked at me with one eyebrow raised like I said that the earth is flat.

"Pani puri, Puri filled with pani." He shoved his hand.

"Well, that does make sense." I nodded. His expression was loosened up a bit, and I was still laughing.

"of course it does!!" 

We ate panipuri aka golgappe, and reached Juhu beach.

I imagined garbage lying everywhere, plastics, packets, cans and stuff all around it and the crowd taking pictures and noises of vehicles echoing and stuff. This was very much true but I also saw some workers from Ngo cleaning up the space, the crowd was less and well couldn't help the noises. It made me realise that people are evolving and trying to keep place hygienic, there are dustbins and people are using them. It's not as bad as I thought.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming today." A boy looking the same age as us, with curly hair and a sculpted face, came up to Ish. He was one of the Ngo members, his t-shirt with the logo explained. That was when he noticed me and I gave him a genuine smile, "Ohh..did I interrupt." He asked and I was immediately frozen at the point.

"OH, No she.....uh she's a friend I brought her to show Mumbai." He gave Ish a suspicious smile or maybe I was overthinking.

"Friend ?" He glanced at me and mouthed something to Ish beyond my understanding to which Ish replied with a death stare.

 "Well then see you next week, I can see this week is planned." He smirked at us and left, maybe I wasn't overthinking.

"Who was that?" I asked as soon as he left. Ish was all red and flushed.

"He's my friend, I come here every Tuesday." 

"Why?"

"To clean," He said as it was obvious and I was astonished, HE WORKS HERE AS A MEMBER OF NGO. I never thought that.

"Leave it, let's just enjoy." He pointed towards a spot, with perfect wind, perfect view and everything. We both sat there without speaking anything, but it wasn't awkward it was peaceful, calm and even comforting, we were comforting each other by our presence. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes listening to the waves of the water.

"So...any changes in your thoughts after today?"

"Hmm...slightly but I am not that convinced"

"You're being unreasonable" He squinted his eyes.

"Well I-" Before I could finish he screamed which made me flinch hard.

"WAIT! Is that-" He looked and exclaimed while I was unaware. "I'll just be back." Before my response, he had already gone.

I was looking at the view when suddenly a roasted corn appeared in front of me.

"Here." He handed it to me perfectly seasoned with spices and lemon. 

I looked at him in awe, while he was just there smiling at me.

"PERFECT!" I exclaimed.

Ishaan's POV

I could see how much she loved this place but she wouldn't admit her defeat but who cares when I am scoring myself?

Ishaan - 3

Anannya- 1.