Ch- 5

Anannya's POV

Exhausting day, physically and mentally just exhausting. I laid the mattress on the floor while he was doing some work, I looked at him, the fun guy who always goofed around was now seriously working. He turned aou to be so mature and responsible now.

"I know I am handsome but that doesn't mean you stare at me until your eyes pop out," his eyes were still glued to his laptop while he uttered.

I tried to ignore his narcissist comment before proceeding to take out the charger from my bag which was over a small cupboard.
My heart hammered against my chest when he closed his laptop and looked at me with a smirk.

"You wish" I rolled my eyes. "And don't ever do that again"

"Do what again?" he frowned.

"That creepy smile," I said scrunching my nose with disgusted expression hiding how much it affected me.

"It's called a smirk miss." he got up from his seat and walked towards me.

"It's not a smirk when you do it, it's just a disgusting smile."

He was so close to me that I could feel his breath on my neck when He bent a little to face me.

"A little side miss, I need to reach to the drawer," he whispered and his voice I wish I could record this.

I flinched when I realised I was standing in front of the drawer.
I cleared my throat the tension in this room had increased.

"Why are you as red as a tomato?" He knew why but still he asked. "Is this the way your body reacts to mine?"

He deepened his voice while his eyes were wandering from my eyes to my lips I could see him sucking a deep breath as he looked at me.

I tried to hold myself together and not show what was going on in my heart.

"Are you done? It's Mumbai, monsoon with AC switched off and you think I am feeling hot because of you, I think you have a major case of  self-obsession."

"It's called self-love." He came closer as he spoke.

"You think you have something that will make you love yourself, now that you have been insulted can we just sleep."
I somehow managed to say something which I regretted the next second.

"Yeah." His lips thinned but the mischievous smile was still lingering around.

He moved aside and I released the breath I didn't know I had been holding.

Why is he affecting me so fucking much? I hate it or I hate the fact that I like it....