Chapter 2

*Cal*

As I'm walking down the hallway to math class, the only class I get good grades in surprisingly, the sweetest smell I've ever smelt hits my nose like a basketball to the face. I'm bombarded with the wondrous smell of flowers and vanilla. The smell gets stronger and stronger as I get closer to the classroom. My wolf is becoming restless for an unknown reason, and for some reason, so am I.

I part ways from the team and enter the classroom with Jason at my side.

I'm met with the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.

He has snow white, haircut in a shaggy style, the longest part reaching the nape of his neck and shortest falling just below his eyes, and, oh, his eyes. Their the color a hyacinth, my favorite flower. You would expect his skin to be pale with his white hair and all, but it's not. Insead it's a perfect tan color, almost copper colored. He also has multiple piercings in his ears that catch the dull classroom light in a way that makes them sparkle. I realize he is staring at me as well.

Mine. My wolf calls in my head. Mate. Mine. That's right, he's my mate. It explains the wonderful smell seeping off of this beauty in front of me. It also explains the way my wolf wants to pounce on him and claim his as mine.

We stare into each others eyes and I wish we could stay like that for a while longer, but he breaks eye contact when the teacher says something.

"Come on dude, let's sit down," Jason says, as he begins to stride right towards my newly discovered mate. I barely register his words but somehow manage to follow him to the seat directly behind the beauty in front of me. The girl next to him says something to me but I can't register it as I'm too busy staring at my mate.

He's stunning, I think to myself.

It takes me a moment to realize that he's staring at me too. His eyes are so gorgeous that I could get lost in them forever. I don't even notice the bell has rung until he pulls his eyes away from mine

While usually I pay deep attention to math class, things are different today. My mind is only thinking of one thing.

My mate.

He's right in front of me, close enough for me to reach out and touch. Close enough to hold. Close enough to kiss.

He's right there.

But there a problem. He doesn't know me and I don't know him. I don't even know his name.

The bell rings and class is over, and I didn't learn a single thing.

"See you at practice!" Jason says to Cassie as she walks out of the classroom in tandem with my mate. I watch as my mate gets further and further away from me, and my wolf is wanting me to follow after him, but I don't. As they're walking I overhear their conversation and something catches my ear, his name.

Alexi

My mates name is Alexi.

Ok, that's something, I think to myself.

"Hey dude are you alright? You've been acting weird ever since we got to class," Jason asks me, turning my attention onto him.

"Yeah, I just... found my mate" I tell him.

"Really!? That's awesome dude, congrats!"Jason says, giving me a hug. "I'm so happy for you, bro. So who is it?" he asks as we make our way out of the classroom.

"Alexi,"I say.

"Cassie's friend?"

"Yeah."

"That's awesome! but he's human right? So how do you plan on, you know, making him yours," he asks with a mischievous look on his face.

"I have no idea. Somehow get to know him, then ask him out and hope he agrees. I mean, what else can I do?"

"I don't know man, sounds like a good enough plan to me. At least you know you sit behind him in math class, so if you don't run into him the rest of the day you know at least you go that."

"Yeah, I guess"

Well, I don't care how it happens, but i'll make Alexi mine.