Chapter 26

Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was really busy.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new chapter :)

Please tell me what you think in the comments 

(also, btw this story takes place in Santa Barbara, California)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Alexi*

I wake up to the smell of burning pancakes and the sound of a smoke alarm. I still naked from last night, so I slide on my boxers and Cal hoodie before rushing out of the room to the kitchen. when I arrive I see Cal waving around a rag at the smoke detector and water running over the burnt food in the sink. 

"I thought I banned you from the kitchen," I say just as the beeping from the smoke detector stops. Cal looks at me with puppy dog eyes and says, sweetly, 

"I wanted to make you breakfast in bed." 

How in the actual fuck did I snag such an adorable boyfriend? I think to myself. 

"As cute as that is, you are still banned from cooking. Just, go sit down, I'll make breakfast." he looks like he's going to argue but then says,

"Ok." He sits down at one of the chairs by the island. I grab a new pan from the cupboard and start heating it up over the stove. I check the batter that Cal made, thinking that maybe it's salvageable. 

As soon as the mixture hit's my tongue, my taste buds are overwhelmed with salt. I immediately spit it out and rinse my mouth with water. 

"Why is it so salty?" I ask Cal. 

"Salty? It's not supposed to be salty," He says with a confused look on his face. 

"Well what did you put in there?" I ask. 

"I put what the recipe said, here look," he says and he hands me his phone with a recipe pulled up on it. Instantly I know where Cal went wrong. 

"Cal, this is recipe for cake," I say dumbfounded by his stupidity. 

"Yeah, you make cake batter and put it in a pan and you get a pancake. what's the problem?" He asks. All I can do is stare at him in shock. Seriously? Seriously?!? He seriously thinks that's how you make pancakes?! I facepalm from his confused look. 

"Oh, you adorable idiot," I say to myself, but loud enough at he can clearly hear it. 

"What? I don't get it, it's a pan-cake, a cake you make in a pan." he says it like I'm the idiot. 

"No, Cal, you make pancake batter to make pancakes, cake batter is way different from pancake batter. And why is it so salty?" 

"I don't know, I used the stuff in the red container for sugar and the stuff in the blue container for salt," he says pointing to the counter where a bunch of ingredients are piled together. I look to see what he's talking about. I see two containers, one red and one blue, like he said. The red one is much smaller than the blue one. The first thing I see when I pick them up is the labels written on the sides of the containers. 

The blue one clearly says sugar, while the red says salt. Did he seriously mix up salt and sugar? That's, like, the most obvious cooking mistake, so much so that it only happens in movies. No one actually mixes up salt and sugar. It just doesn't happen. 

Except that Cal just did it. 

"Cal, why don't you go ahead and read what it says on this containers for me," I says and hand him the containers. 

"It says," he holds up the red and one and reads,"salt, and this one says," he holds up the blue one,"sug- oh...yeah, I made a mistake," he says, finally figuring out where he went wrong.

"And this is why you banned from the kitchen, you can't cook," I tell him, and turn around to correctly make pancakes. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we finish breakfast, Cal offers to clean up, and I gladly let him. I move over to lay down on the couch as he does the dishes. When he's done he comes over and flops down next to me and holds me like I'm his teddy bear. he starts to play with my hair before he says,

"So, I was thinking, maybe we could go on a run and I could show you around the pack territory?"

"Sure, sounds fun," I respond. 

"Ok, great!" He says excitedly.