Chapter 32

*Alexi*

When the group starts shooting, I quickly shift and charge them, dodging bullets as I go. I notice my dad doing the same thing. I reach one of them and make quick work of snapping his neck. From the corner of my eye I see my dad rip one of their heads clean off. A woman starts shooting at me and I pounce on her, chomping down on her neck and throwing to her into a tree. 

My dad kills another and then it's just us and the old man. My dad rushes forward and in a split second his hand is around the man's neck. He gives my dad a cruel smile and says,

"You know this isn't the end, we won't stop until we get our hands on that mutt." My dad's eyes are pure ebony as he crushes the man's throat. He drops the man and his eyes return to normal just at my mom and papa coming running out of the house. 

"What the fuck happened?!" my mom asks as she looks to the bodies around us. 

"Some hunters came looking for Alexi," My dad tells her. I trot over to the old man's body to try and figure out what it is I smell on him. I sniff him up and down but the smell is everywhere, on his skin, on his gun, and even inside him, but not like its coming from him, it's more like he ate it or something. I step back from the body to look at my parents and i find them looking at me. I tilt my head in confusion.  

"I've never seen your wolf before," My dad says as he stares at me in awe. 

"Yeah, why haven't we seen this sooner?" My mom asks. I roll my eyes and prance over to my clothes before shifting back and getting dressed. I walk back over to my parents and my papa asks,

"Does that hurt?" 

"Does what hurt?" I ask. 

"Shifting," He says.

"Oh, yeah it does but I'm used to it so it doesn't really bother me anymore," I explain. "Does setting your hands on fire hurt?" I retort. 

"Nope, not one bit," My papa says. Being a witch, my dad can control fire, that's his element. All witches have one, a form of magic that is the easiest for them to use. It doesn't mean that they can't use other elements, it just that they're trickier to learn. That's why my dad is great at fire based smells because fire is his element. 

"Geez, you supernaturals are wack," my mom says. 

"Hey, that's mean," My dad says pouting. my mom just smirks and changes the subject. 

"So what are going to do with these bodies?" My mom asks.

"Incineation," I papa replies just before he chants something and the bodies burst in flames. The fire decimates the bodies until only their weapons and ash remain. 

And with that we all head back inside where Elsie and my friends are waiting, having no idea what just happened outside. 

The rest of the night I hang out with my friends, we come up with ideas for nationals, we watch movies and eat snacks, we even gossip about all the cute guys at school. It's almost like I didn't just kill two people in my backyard. 

Later that night, when everyone's asleep I tell Cal what happened. His first reaction was of course to run to my house and see it I was ok but I backed him out of doing that. Insead I agreed to meet him at the pack house tomorrow. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Cal*

When I heard that Ali, my mate, was attacked by hunters at his own house I was ready to sprint to his house to make sure he was alright. Unfortunately, Ali told me to stay home, which my wolf was not happy about. All he wanted to do was to run to our mate and make sure that he was unharmed. 

At least Ali agreed to meet me at the pack house tomorrow, even though tomorrow is too far away. I don't sleep much that night due to the anticipation of seeing my mate. 

All I can do in the morning is sit on the steps of the pack house waiting for Ali to arrive. when I finally see him walking up the driveway it's almost noon. I run to him and pull him in a tight embrace. 

"I missed you, Ali" I tell him.

"I missed you too," He says as he buries his face in my chest. 

"Are you alright?" I ask, pulling away so I can scan his gorgeous body for any injury. 

"Cal, I'm fine, really, those losers didn't stand a chance," he tells me. I smile and plant my lips on his. He kisses me back passionately. We stay like that for a while before he pulls back. 

Ali looks like he's about to say something when a gun goes off in the direction of the pack house.