Chapter 17

Alexi and Cal's wolves ⬆️

*Alexi*

Ali, I voice whispers. Ali, It's louder now. 

"Ali," I says and I open my eyes. before me, a woman is standing. She has long white hair and deep purple eyes. She's tall and she wears a long, white, flowing dress. All together, she's beautiful. 

"Ali," she says again. I notice that I'm in the woods, but a different woods, not the same place I just was. 

"Um, hi," I says nervously, "Who are you and where are we?" I asked. 

"My name is Lupa, I'm the wolf goddess, and your in a dream," she says calmly. I stand there in shock, waiting to see if she will say more. "I understand that this must be confusing for you, so thats why im here, to explain things to you," she says taking a few steps closer to me.  She looks at me in wonder. 

I nod my head, wanting for her get to the explaining because, like she said, I am really confused. How in the actual fuck did I turn into a wolf?  I mean, it felt amazing, so freeing.  Nothing has ever felt so right before, but I still have questions. 

"You understand that your parents aren't actually your biological parents, correct?" she asks.

"yeah," I reply.  

"Well, Alexi, I am your biological mother." All I can do is stand there, my mouth hanging open, so she continues.

"Long ago, I had a mate. I never expected in all my years that I would have a mate of my very own, but one day I found her. Her name was Estelle and she was beautiful, looked a lot like you actually.  Being a goddess, and her a werewolf, are relationship was a struggle. I wished we could be together all the time but I had duties to fulfill. but, though all the hardships we faced, we were in love. " Sorrow creeps into her voice as she continues. "We don't know how or why, but one day I realized I was pregnant, with you," she looks up at me, tears welling in her eyes, "We were both so happy. I would have ever thought that as a goddess I could start a family." she pauses and takes a shaky breath. 

"You were only three months old when Estelle was killed. I was off working, as I often was, and Estelle was at home, taking care of you. Hunters attacked, trying to take you away for some ritual they wanted to perform.  Estelle protected you until the very end, put she didn't make it." she's crying now. "If only I had been there. If only I put you and Estelle over everything else, I could have saved her, kept her safe. But I got there too late.  I didn't trust myself to be a good mother to you and keep you safe, so I made the decision to let someone else raise you instead. when i gave you up, I wanted you to be raised as a human, so that you would be safe in case the hunters tried to take you again. I placed a seal on you so that you would be human until the day you were marked by your mate, which is today. That's why you shifted," she says, finally wiping the tears from her eyes.  

"Do my parents know about all this?" I asked. 

"Yes, I had to tell that so that they could keep you safe. But Alexi, you must lisen, being my son, the son of a goddess, makes you special. People with come after you for what you can do," she says in a serious tone. 

"What do you mean? What can I do?" I asked.

"I cannot tell you, Alexi, you must discover it on your own. I must go now," she says and she places a soft kiss on the forehead before I fall into darkness. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to warmth under me. 

I open my eyes to see in lay on Cal's bare chest. He's naked and so am I, but I don't care much about it. I gently lift my head, not wanting to disturb Cal while he sleeps, and looks round. We're still in the forest, lay under a tree, in human form. 

I remember the events of last night, then my dream. Ok ,so I'm a werewolf now, I think to myself. My senses are sharper. I can hear everything and the world smells more vibrant, especially Cal. god, he smells so good. 

I place a light kiss on his cheek and he sturs under my touch.  he eyes flutter open and meet mine. 

"Good morning" I say softly and he smiles.  

"'morning," He replies, giving me a gently kiss. Then, he pauses and says, "So, last night..." he trails off. 

"Umm, yeah, I have some explaining to do," I say, then I recount my dream from last night. 

When I'm done an air of silence stretches between us until finally, getting past his initial shock, he pulls into a big hug. I relax under his touch as he holds me close. 

"wow," he says pulling away, "Just...wow." I can tell he's at a loss for words, and I am too. I don't know what to think. "Also, what's up with your hair?" he asks in confusion. My hair? 

I look down to see that my hair is longer, like a lot longer. I stand up to see just how long it is. when i do, I realize my hair has grown past my butt and now falls to the back of my knees.  

"Holy shit," I mumble under my breath. 

"Huh, your hairs, like, really long,"Cal says stupidly. 

"No shit sherlock,"I reply. Cal hulls himself to his feet and struts over to me to touch my hair. 

"Its-its so soft... it feels more like fur than hair," he says and I reach back to feel what he's talking about. He's right, my hair is the softest thing I've ever felt before, and I think Cal would agree because he's now rubbing my hair to his face. 

"hmmm, so soft," he says. I turn around to face him, my hair still against his face, and pull him close to plant a kiss on his lips. He immediately drops my hair to kiss me back in full force. 

"As much as I love being here with you," I said as I pulled back from his lips, "My parents are probably really worried about me right now so how about we find our clothes and get out of here," I said, grabbing his hand and beginning to pull him along, back to the picnic where I'm hoping our clothes are. He nods and follows along.