Chapter 34

*Alexi*

When the eyes fall on Cal's blood seeping from his abdomen rage circles through me. I can feel what Cal is feeling, a sharp pain in my side. fear, worry, anger, all the emotions your would expect from someone who was just shot.

But my own feeling? I can't describe them. I'm so enraged that I don't realize that I've killed the man who shot my mate until his bloodied, broken body lays lifeless at my feet. 

I rush to my mates side and sit next to him. His eyes are closed and his skin is pale, accentuating the rich, red blood leaking out of him. I place my hand to his chest, his skin has gone cold but I cant feel a faint and weak heartbeat. In that moment the gravity of the situation sinks in.

My mate is dying. 

Hot tears flow from my eyes. I don't know what to do. From what I can hear the rest of the pack is far from where we are and they're all still busy fighting. Even if i could get the pack doctor out here it would be to late. 

As my hand rest on his chest feeling the slow rise and fall of his chest, a memory surfaces in my mind. 

It was on our first date, at the restaurant. I was telling him about music. I was talking with so much joy and passion. I was telling him all about my love for music and singing. Even though I was rambling on he looked to happy to listen. 

"That's why I love music, it's just so freeing. No matter  what mood I'm in, music always makes me feel happy, it's amazing," I told him and he smiled. this whole time I've been talking about how music makes me feel. "Anyways, I'm rambling on, what about you? do you like music?" I ask him. 

"Well, I've never been that interested in it, but listening to you talk about makes me like it more. There is one song I love though," Cal says. 

"Oh? and what song is that?" I ask. 

"La vie en rose," He says.

"Oh, I love that song! why is it your favorite though?" I ask him and he smiles at me.

"Well, ever since I first heard that song in english, that's what I've always wanted. Someone like the person the singer talks about, someone like you." 

As I'm thinking about that moment in time, a sad smile pulls at my face. I start singing Cal's favorite song, my hand still on his chest. 

"Hold me close and hold me fast, the magic spell you cast, this is la vie en rose." I fill my words with all the emotion I'm feeling. 

"When you kiss me heaven sighs, and though I close my eyes, I see la vie en rose." I sway to the beat of the song.

"When you press me to your heart, I'm in a world apart, a world where roses bloom, and when you speak, angels sing from above. Everyday words seem to turn into love songs." All around me specks of light flicker in air, like fireflies. I don't know where they came from but they're nice. 

"Give your heart and soul to me, and life will always be, la vie en rose." As I sing all my memories of Cal flutter in my mind. All the times he's said he loves me, the times he kisses me, the time when we did a lot more than kiss. All the affection his shown me, and that I've reciprocated. 

"I thought that love was just a word, they sang about in songs I heard, It took your kisses to reveal, that I was wrong, and love is real." I love Cal, a real, deep, love. I can't live without him. My heart would shattered if he left me. I need him, and I make sure it comes through in my words. 

"Hold me close and hold me fast, the magic spell you cast, this is la vie en rose. When you kiss me heaven sighs, and though I close my eyes, I see la vie en rose." All around me it's like the forest comes to life. the leaves on the trees saturate, and grasses seams to glow fuller, and hyacinth flowers bloom around us. 

"When you press me to your heart, I'm in a world apart, a world where roses bloom, and when you speak, angels sing from above. Everyday words seem to turn into love songs." I look to my mate as my words echo through the forest. his wound seems to be getting smaller, and the blood on the grass turns to specks of light. I dont understand whats happening but Cal's heartbeat becomes stronger. 

"Give your heart and soul to me, and life will always be, la vie en rose." When I sing the final line of the song I place a kiss in Cal's lips. When I pull back I look to Cal's wound, which is now gone, not even a scar remains. His skin is back to its normal color and his warmth has returned. When I look back to Cal's face, his mahogany eyes are looking at me. 

"Cal!" I through my arms around him and cry tears of joy in his shoulder. 

"Hey," He says, hugging me back. 

"I'm so glad you're alright, I was so worried," I tell him. 

"It's ok, Ali, you saved me," He says. I pull away to look at him. 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Your singing, it healed me, Ali, you saved my life."