Chapter 29

*Alexi*

When I wake up this morning, I consider talking to my dad about what Cal's dad told me, but don't. The last time I brought up my dad's past he got really sad, scared even, and I don't like seeing him like that. It doesn't feel good seeing my dad, who's always in a good mood, with tears in his eyes. 

Instead, I think about how I'm going to explain to Cassie what she saw yesterday. less about what she saw, she already has that figured out, and more about who, Cal and I. I know she's not going to be scared or freaked out, that's just not the kind of person she is. What I'm more worried about is that she will be really mad at me for not telling her soon. 

When I'm ready for school Cal picks me up and we drive in peace.  When we get to school, we park the car and head towards the entrance. I notice Jason, Cassie, and Danny all talking at the base of the steps. When Cassie spots us she waves us over, as walk closer her face changes from confusion to realization. Cal looks to me and I can tell he's thinking the same thing as me, she knows it was us.  

"Hey, guys," Cassie says when we reach the group. 

"Hey," Cal replies, Danny and Jason are still in there conversation. 

"Sooo.. you guys have fun in the woods yesterday?" she says in a knowing tone. 

"Uh, yeah, so...we should probably talk," I tell her. 

"K, your house after practice then?" she asks.

"Yeah, sure," I replied. 

"Great! Now let's get to class," she says, before linking her elbow in mine and pulling me along to class. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an uneventful day of school, and vary chill acapella practice, Cassie, Cal, and I all pile into Cal's truck and drive to my house. When we reach my house we head inside and up to my room. Cassie flops on my bed while Cal sits at my desk. I sit down on the edge of my bed. 

"So, we have some explaining to do," I start. 

"Ok but I think I already know everything," Cassie replies. 

"How could you possibly-" Cassie cuts Cal off,

"So, you, Cal, are the soon to be alpha of your pack. One day, I'm assuming the very first day of school during math class, you meet your mate, Alexi. Now, Alexi doesn't know at first that you guys are mate, he doesn't even know that he's a werewolf, but you still feel some kind of connection to Cal. You guys start dating and eventually Cal builds up the courage to tell you the truth about what he is. He tells you and you accept him as your mate, then you let cal mark you, partially. When he does, that's when you find out your a werewolf. Anyway, you, Cal, are really happy cause you thought that your mate was human but it turns out he's not. You introduce Alexi to your fam and the pack as your mate and the future Luna/ second alpha maybe, but probably Luna. So anyways, now we're here. How'd I do?" 

Ok, so, what the fuck? 

Did she seriously just guess our entire story based off literally nothing? Cal and I both just stare at her, dumbfounded, noting saying a word. 

"So, I'm guessing by your reactions that I'm right," Cass says.

"How in the fuck did you know that?" Cal asks. 

"Well that's basically the premise of ever werewolf story I read, so, yeah," Cassie replied, and we're back to staring again. "uh, you guys gonna say anything?" she prompts. 

"Well, what's there to say? you got us all figured out," I tell her. 

"Well, I don't know everything, there's a lot of minor details that are different from story to story, like for example, do you have to sift on a full moon?" she asks.

"Eh, not exactly, like if you really tried you could say in human form but it's difficult. It's more like a really, really, strong urge to shift," Cal explains. 

"k, cool, so can men get pregnant?" she asks.

"Cassie, seriously? that's your next question?" I ask her. 

"Yep, it's a key piece of info," she replies and I sigh. 

"If your a luna you can get pregnant, no matter your gender," I tell her. 

"So then, you can get pregnant?" she asks. 

"Yes."

"Cool, ok next question, Is mind links a thing?" From then on, the rest of the night was spent answering all of Cassie's many questions.