Childhood Bedroom Doorway

I'm brought to a familiar place.
I stand in my childhood bedroom doorway, and stare at myself.
I don't look through any mirror;
I look at someone much younger.

Her beautiful big green eyes stare up at me with sparkle and innocence.
She cocks her head, trying to recognize who I am.

I neal down and cup her face.
Her short brown hair is tucked behind her ears; I smile.

"Who are you?" She asks me in that familiar voice I once heard.

"That's complicated to answer. I wish I could tell you but I'm not a stranger." I reply.

"You have the cutest smile. And I love your hair. It's so soft and luscious." I compliment.

She smiles at the comments.

"Your eyes are so bright, they could light up the earth if you tried." I continue.

I pull her into a hug.

"Whatever you do, don't let anyone bring you down okay? You are perfect in everyway. I need you to believe me because it's true. You are a perfect person." I say, tears welling at the creases of my eyes.

"I love you, take care of yourself. And keep and eye on mom and dad for me. You'll meet me some day and I hope that you will continue to love and take care of yourself." I pull away.

She nods.

Suddenly I'm teleported away, I'm back in my messy, darkened room.