Chapter 01

Khushi

I tried to blink back the tears, but they fell as he continued.

"I won't let your sister get married to my brother if you don't marry me." His voice, cold as ice, while rage glinted in his dark eyes as he stared at me.

I stared at him with shock as my body started to shake. Panic, I think...but I wasn't sure because all I could do was stare at him while he slowly paced the length of the pool. Waiting for my answer, I think...

"I don't have all night for you." His voice came from my left as he continued pacing like he hadn't just blackmailed me. He hadn't just threatened to call off my sister's wedding.

"Why...are you doing this?" My voice, low and shaking as I managed to ask him while fear clouded my thoughts. Fear...of what he would do if I said no.

He stopped pacing and turned to me before walking up to me and standing behind me as I stared down at the ground. My throat tightened as shivers of fear ran through my body.

"I am not entitled to answer your questions." He spoke in my ear. I almost stumbled and tried to get away, but he held me in place by gripping tightly on my arms. A whimper escaped from my mouth as his hold got tight enough to make my bones ache with pain. "Now...how much time are you going to waste before agreeing?"

He finished it, like he was asking a question. But I knew he wasn't. I knew he was telling me that I didn't have any other option but to agree.

"Your sister is waiting to get married." He spoke in my ear as I struggled to get away from him. "Akash won't marry her until I go downstairs. Hurry up, Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta. I don't have all night for your nonsense."

He finished and pushed me away from him. I tripped on my skirt and gripped the sliding door separating the bedroom from the poolside for balance and stood there with shaking legs.

I took in a shuddering breath as tears streamed down my face while I tried not to sob from the aching pain growing inside me. Someone...please stop this pain...Please help me.

I need to get away from here. I...I need to get away from him. I...have to get away. I...

He again pulled me by gripping my forearm and turned me to face him. He held me so close by twisting my arm around my back that our noses almost touched. My breath got hitched with fear as I looked up at him at the same time he did.

Something like emotions were seen on his face and in his eyes, but before I could understand...it vanished like it was never there.

"Answer m..."

"No!" My voice, lower than a whisper.

He looked taken back by my sudden answer, but before he could say anything else, I gathered all the strength I possibly could in my already shaking body and pushed him away from me.

"You..." He spoke as his eyes got a little wide with shock, but soon they were replaced with rage.

"No!" I cut in while slowly shaking my head and looking up at him before slowly walking backwards. "I won't marry you. I...I won't."

I fisted the sides of my skirt, turned on my heels, and ran through his room to downstairs as tears blinded my vision. I can't let Jiji get married in a house like this. I can't let her get married to someone who will always listen to his brother over her happiness. She deserves better. She...she deserves better.