Chapter 26

Khushi

What does he think of him? Just because he's Arnav Singh Raizada, does that mean he can do anything? He can say anything?... And so what if he saw something in my eyes?... What actually matters is what I say. What I tell him. Also, I didn't confess because of the situation we are in, but because I actually hated him for what he did. And I admit that I'm at fault, and none of this would have ever happened if I had just told them the truth about Shyam Ji. And I am guilty. I am sorry. And I am ready to apologize as many times as I am asked. But Devi Maiya, then there's him. He just came and said that he's sorry, as if I asked for him to apologize.

I huffed out a frustrated breath before I stepped out of bed while dragging the blanket with me, then started folding it as I tried to calm myself down and push all the negative thoughts out of my head. But all these attempts went nowhere.

Offo, why did he ruin my Holi like this? Why couldn't he just do it after the Holi? All my plans of pranking everyone went down on the fire. All because of that Arnav Singh Raizada. Man toh kar raha ki..

Calm down. It's okay.  No thinki... Why should I stop thinking? Why can't he just stop thinking? Whenever he does that, he gets the wrong idea about someone and then refuses to listen otherwise. Laadgovener, kahi ke! Jab se meri zindag.. A knock sounded on my door.

"Lo.. you can't even think peacefully now." I exclaimed loudly and huffed out another breath before throwing the folded blanket at the foot of the bed and going to open the door.

"What?" I asked irritatedly as I saw Manoj standing there with a tray full of laado. I picked one while he opened his mouth to stop me, but he only sighed slowly when I took a bite.

He slowly shook his head as he mumbled something under his breath, then again turned to me. His eyes widened as he looked up and down at me and placed a hand over his mouth while balancing the tray with the other.

"Why aren't you ready yet?" He asked while gasping loudly.

"Don't overreact. I'll change and come." I said as I placed a hand on the door and grabbed another Laado before closing the door on Manoj as he yelled something about complaining to Bua Ji. But I didn't pay a single hed to him as I pushed the Laado inside my mouth, grabbed a white suit, and went to the shower. Because I refuse to ruin my Holi.
Devi Maiya, Sambhal lena.

I grabbed the newly filled tray of gulaal from the dining table and started for the back of the house, but when I saw Manoj also heading that way a few steps ahead of me, I halted, bit my lips, and smiled a big smile. You are dead, Manoj.

I took a fist full of color while gripping the tray tightly in my other hand and started walking on my tiptoes toward him. As I lifted my hand in the air and was about to dump the entire thing on him, I felt a hand on my shoulders.

I stopped, slowly turned to look over my shoulders, and found Jiji with a tray full of blue color in hand while her eyes were questioning. But soon her eyes widened as she looked at my hand and Manoj. She shook her head while I nodded my head, then motioned at her tray and Manoj.

She again shook her head, but when I glared at her, she pressed her lips together, slowly took a small fist of color, and looked at me hesitantly.