Chapter 35

Khushi

"If you have any problems with my team, then you should talk to me directly." I spoke loudly to the AR design department as I placed my bag on a nearby desk and looked around at almost everyone while SK's employees stood behind me.

"And what were you doing when we were working our souls out?" A girl dressed in blue jeans and a white blouse asked as she walked up to me while glancing up and down at my Salwar Kamez. Laadgovener and his employees are exactly the same. Hai, Devi Maiya, please help me.

I pressed my lips together for a moment as I took a deep breath, then I heard Kajal, one of my assistant designers, voice coming from behind me.

"Ma'am, they're really ill-mannered, just like you said. All they care about is themselves. They're just like their boss, ASR." Did she really have to say that out loud?

"What do you mean we're exactly like our boss?" Someone said it from the AR's crowd, and I sighed quietly as I scratched my forehead and thought for a second.

"We are here only for a few months, so please, all I ask from you is your cooperation. That's it." I said loudly as the murmurs continued, while I looked at the girl in that white blouse.

"Who are you to order us? We'll do exactly what we want. This is our office; we work here, not you." She pointed at me while speaking as her face turned into a look of complete detest and anguish with her eyes widening.

I stared at her as my mouth fell open and my brows squinted up. Where am I? Is she even for real?... Why is she behaving like I said 'no Jalebi'?... All I was asking for was cooperation. Is that too much to ask in this office?

"I was just askingrequesting." Shock laced my voice as my eyebrows rose, and I calmly tried to make her understand. "Why will I order you? I'm not Arna..." I blinked briefly while licking my lips as I almost mistakenly took his name. "I'm not your boss. All I'm saying is..."

"Well, that didn't sou..." She started as she took another step closer, but soon stopped as the most unwanted voice interrupted.

"What's happening?" I turned and looked up at Arnav Ji's cabin, where he stood exactly at the same spot as where I had fallen years ago... Kaise girra diya tha mujhe!

"Nothing, ASR, we're just..." I heard that white blouse girl's voice from behind while I stared at him with clenched jaws and irritation. And I suddenly decided to cut in, as I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore because of the sudden twitching on the corners of my lips.

"Nothing that concerns you, I assure you! Now let us do our job in peace. Thank you!"

His eyes turned to me as soon as I spoke, and his face turned hard while the whole place fell into a deep silence, but I didn't waste anymore of my time and looked away from his rotten face, back to that white blouse girl, because she was more entertaining to argue with than her boss. And I wanted nothing to do with him. Absolutely nothing.

"Ms. Sharma..." Ab koun agaya?... I looked over my shoulder while frowning with irritation and found Aman Ji standing there. "ASR would like to see you." Already?... Well, he always has good timing... A person can't even argue in peace now!!