Chapter 28

Arnav

I stood, crossed arms, near one of the pillars that separated the living room from the dining room, while the whole Raizada and Gupta family sat in the living room with the jeweler. Including NK standing right behind Khushi.. I don't know how NK's here. But he just is.

I stared at Khushi, who sat next to the jeweler, who carefully unwrapped the bandage from her finger while she sat there and quietly talked to the jeweler and NK. But she had an emptiness in her eyes. She might be talking and smiling, but it was clear that she was trying to hide her emotions. And it's all because of that bastard, Shyam. I'm not going to go easy on Shyam anymore. I'll make sure he suffers... But nothing changes the fact that I should've been there for her. I should have been there to save her, to pr...

"Bhabhi Ji, why didn't you call me when this got stuck on her finger?" The jeweler asked loudly as he unwrapped another layer.

"Actually, I had completely forgotten about the store. Or else I would've contacted you as soon as possible." Aunty answered from his left. But he just gave a shake of his head.

"Bitiya, I understand. You like jewelry like any other girl, but that does not mean that you'll wear a ring as small as this and then try to take it off using a knife." He remarked with another shake of his head as he removed the bandage completely and stared at the wound with wide eyes before looking up at Khushi.

When she didn't say anything, he shared a look with Aunty, then sighed slowly before raising his hand with his palm up, and his assistant from behind handed him a plier with a small circular-looking blade attached to it. And within a few minutes, the ring was off her finger. When he was about to return the ring to Khushi, Payal came and took it.

"I'll take it." She said it quickly and gave a tight smile as she fisted the ring.

"Okay, now tell me, when are you coming to the store?" He asked as he handed the plier back and looked at Khushi.

"The day after tomorrow." Khushi spoke for the first time as she poked her now-ring-free finger. Then NK said something from behind her ear, and she stopped poking her wound. They're still this close?.. Also, it was just yesterday that Shyam tried to force her. How can she be this comfortable with another guy so soon?

"Don't ditch me this time. I want to retire as soon as possible. But because of you and Suraj, I can't." He said. I felt my brows rise slightly before I looked at the jeweler. Who is Suraj?

"Don't worry, Bhai Sahab. She won't ditch you this time." Aunty assured him with a soft glare at Khushi, while the jeweler laughed. "I'll make sure she visits."

Khushi smiled tightly before she glanced up at both of them and spoke to the jeweler.

"I'll come. So blame Suraj if you can't retire. Because he's not here." Who is this Suraj?

"Arre, he's back from America." Bua Ji said as Manoj handed me a cup of tea, "So Sanka Devi, you worry about yourself. Because this time he won't let you go."

Khushi pressed her lips together as NK asked curiously, "Who is Suraj? And why won't he let Khushi Ji go?"

"He's my son," The jeweler explained with a big smile as he looked over his shoulder at NK, but soon his face turned sour as he added, "Who doesn't have time for his own father and family business because he's more happy in America. So, I had to lie to him to bring him back. But now that he's here, I'll trap him by giving him the responsibilities of the business." He pointed at Khushi with a thumb. "Then he's her problem to handle." I straightened up as I stared at him with furrowed brows. What does he mean by his son being Khushi's problem? What does his business have anything to do with her?