I just smiled at her while showing her off my medal.

Naglalakad na kami papalabas bitbit ko pa yung mga pagkaing binili niya kanina. She was holding at my medal while we were both walking. I was looking at her as I was sipping with my ice caramel macchiato that she bought awhile ago.

Hindi na malamig.

"You should've woke me up!"

"I even bought you some food because I was so worried you'd feel hungry."

"Sayang! Hindi ko talaga napanood."

"Hindi pa ako nakapag picture!"

Halos hindi ko na pinakinggan ang mga pinagsasabi niya. I was just simply admiring her praising me for winning this competition because she knew.

She was there by my side as I reviewed my notes. She was there when Miss Cuevas told me that they chose Isla for the Math Olympiad. She has always been there for me.

Napatigil ako nung tumigil din siyang maglakad. Both of her lips slowly lift up showing me her most beautiful smile. Lumapit siya sa akin at hinawakan ang magkabilang pisngi ko. "I'm so proud of you." she mouthed at me.

She's been saying those words to me ever since we were a kid and it still warms my heart. To see her be proud of me is such a cozy feeling.

"Fuck, Kirsten! You are so freaking amazing and always remember this... I will forever be your number 1 fan." in just a swift. I felt her lips at my side cheeks. Aaliyah always does this when she's extremely happy and excited.

She kissed someone or hug someone so tightly. She's the type of a clingy and touchy person.

And she had done that so many times at me. Nagulat ako nung una pero hindi ko akalain na kahit pang ilang beses niyang gawin iyon sa akin. My reaction would always be the same as the first time.

She takes my breath away whenever she kisses me in my cheeks. She makes my whole world stop and focus on her only.

Masaya akong umuwi at pinakita kay Mama ang medal ko. And as always, besides my best friend. She's my number 1 supporter too.

"Congrats, my love and as always. You never failed to make me proud. I love you." malumanay niyang sabi saka hinalikan ang noo ko.

I can see her proud smile while she's caressing my soft cheeks.

My mother's love was enough to fulfill what my father failed to do so. Dahil sakanya hindi ko hinahanap ang pagmamahal ng buong pamilya o ang presensya ng isang ama. She completes me in each way like how a normal family has.

She's my mother, and she's my father too. She's my one and only family.

Bata palang ako noon ng masubaybayan ko ang paghihiwalay nila ni Papa. It was hard to understand but I knew what was happening.

My father cheated on my Mama for how many times until she finally took the courage and divorced him. I wasn't really close with him. I barely talk or bond with him since he was still my father maybe that's why those memories with him were a bit vague.

My mother still communicates with him about me. They're both casual with each other. Ako lang siguro yung hindi pa handang harapin siya. I just couldn't understand why he couldn't make an effort to come see me as if seeing me was his biggest regret or mistake he had.

I don't know.

That's what I felt whenever he looked at me before.

"Where's Aaliyah?" tanong sa akin ni Mama ng mapansin niyang hindi ko siya kasama. "Tinawagan siya ni Tito Rob." sagot ko naman sakanya habang nakangiting nakatingin sa medal dahil sa napansin ko.