Three

Chapter 3
Read

I looked at her seriously but there's no hint of humour in her face. "Jas, I don't understand what you're talking about." when Miss Lim, our English Teacher entered the room. She's the mentor of the Student Council.

"Have you made your decision, Jasmine?" ngumisi si Jasmine at tumayo para makalapit sa akin. "I believe, the only one who can answer that question is... Kirsten, right babe?"  she playfully said saka niya ako inakbayan.

What in the world is happening?

"I see, so you're passing it to Kirsten then?" ng mapatingin naman sa akin si Miss Lim. "I'm sorry, Miss but I... am so confuse of what's happening right now." Miss Lim was only observing both of us when one student came inside.

"Miss Lim, kailangan na po kayo sa room 404." pagpapaalala niya at tumango ito. "I guess both of you still need a long talk. Babalikan ko kayo mamaya. I hope you guys made your final decision already." ngumiti siya at tuluyan na kaming iniwan.

"What in the world are you talking about?" tanong ko naman agad sakanya. "Chill." ngisi niya sa akin at umupo. She tapped the chair beside her.

"Isla wants to step down as the SC President—" hindi ko maiwasang mapantig ang tenga ko sa narinig ko.

Suddenly?

"Is this some sort of joke? Just because she doesn't want it anymore, she'll step down? After gaining the trust of all the students through her leadership she'll do what?" Is she freaking out of her mind?

"Kirsten! Hear me out first, alright?" singit niya agad. "I don't know what's happening to her lately. It's been weeks that she's not doing her duties and responsibilities as the SC President. Miss Lim and I can't just stay still and wait for her and gain her shit. No." ng maramdaman ko ang inis niya.

"We confronted her and after the long meeting regarding her attitude the only thing she said was she wanted to step down. That was it. No explanation was given. Ano pang pag uusapan dun? Wala na." I can feel her anger through her voice as all of her blood goes up to her face making her a bit red.

She's so fucking pissed off!

"Miss Lim's suggestion was for me to take over but I can't do it. There's a lot of shit going on. My plate is full. Kahit ipromote ako sa President. Kulang parin kami. So I suggested you since you got the second highest vote out of 5 students running for the SC President position." she deeply sighed.

Which basically means, Isla's replacement again huh?

Everyone knew who won that position. Kahit 15 votes lang pagitan namin. She was the one declared who won. She got the celebratory party— and what? I'll be her replacement for her just because she failed to do her duties and responsibilities?

And for fucking sake! We're already at the half way of our school year. Who would want that position?

That's pretty fucked up!

"Something's wrong about Isla!" hindi ko maiwasang sabihin.

Seeing her in a club is already a big factor. She didn't show up at the Math Olympiad. Napapabayaan na niya ang SC. I know something happened along the way seeing the most competitive student into her downfall in just a snap is a big thing.

You can't change in an instant unless something big happens.

"More like she's showing her true skin." Jasmine's side comment.

Seriously?

"Please, Kirsten. Help us! I know we're in the middle of our school year but there's still so much more to do. I'm so stressed out. I have to juggle my studies, cheering squad and having these two positions in my hands. I can't do it." she seems a bit hopeless right now.