Eleven

Chapter 11:
Bestfriend

"How long have you been friends with Aaliyah?" she asked out of nowhere when I was just quietly drinking my caramel macchiato. "A decade?" I answered while watching how the sunset.

Nasa terrace kasi kami ng coffee shop ngayon.

"You seem to listen to her very well. And what I meant by well was being so obedient." dagdag niya. "Your point is?" sabay tingin sakanya nung tapos na ang paglubog ng araw.

"Just saying. Alam mo ba ang tingin ko sayo noon? A weak nerdy girl who is nothing without her bestfriend. I even thought you won your SC rep position every year due to your bestfriend's popularity but no, I saw how everyone loved you as well." suddenly I felt goosebumps.

What's with the sudden dramatic kindness?

"Oh please, next time you change your personality give me some heads up to prepare myself. Nakakagulat pag nagiging mabait ka eh. It's like the calm before the storm." sabi ko na ikinatawa niya.

"I'm not— what? Girl, this is the real me." sabat niya sa akin at tinanguan ko na lang siya.

It was a long silence until I finally broke it. Hindi naman sa awkward sadyang hindi lang ako mapakali na walang nagsasalita sa amin. "I didn't know that you took your position back at SC." panimula ko sakanya at dahil wala rin akong maisip na topic namin.

I'm also curious too.

"Why? Do you want it? I can give it to you if you want." she said smirking at me and I quickly rolled my eyes at her. She really finds ways in a serious conversations to annoy me.

"Iyong iyo na! Saksak mo pa sa sarili mo." napatawa ulit siya. "Well, I don't know since doing rebellious things didn't work out kaya babalik ako sa dati at kawawa naman si Jasmine. Plus I like the Miss Pres and Captain tandem." she finished her cake and leaned on her chair.

"You mean you'll go back to being a nerd?" napaayos agad siya ng upo. "Since when did I become a nerd? I'm not a nerd, you are! You are living such a freaking boring life." sabay duro pa sa akin.

Boring? Me? Living a boring life?

Pareho sila ni Rachel! Bagay silang dalawa! Bwisit.

"Hey! Hey! Hey? For your information, Miss just because I don't smoke, party, or enjoy sex—" she quickly cut me off.

"Just because blah blah and shit. I already heard that lame excuses from nerds like you. Kirsten, Look. This is not just about partying or anything. It's about the memories you create with those things." saka siya umusod papalapit sa akin.

"I mean do you need those things to create wonderful memories?" my rebutt to her.

Like seriously do you really need those things to be happy? Maybe for some other but they should know that not everyone has the same definition of happiness.

"No. But it's different. Have you ever drown yourself with alcohol just because of your broken heart? Have you ever laugh non-stop with non sense shit because of weeds? Have you ever made out in public for thrill?" sunod sunod niyang tanong sa akin.

Okay. That was too much for me. From a person who has no experience at all.

"There's so much more in those things. It is to experience an adventurous teenage life. We're only teens once in our life where mistakes can be seen as normal because can you imagine doing those things at the age of 30's? 40's?" to be honest I see myself being more serious in life with those ages.

"I mean there's nothing wrong doing it with those age but girl— this is teen life. It's all about making mistakes, playing hard, screwing up, messing shit, enjoying sex, failing, self destruction, falling deep, talking back to your parents, having fun, getting hurt, feeling life and being alive." I hate that she has a point.