Twenty

Chapter 20:
Love is a war

Pareho kaming magkaharap ni Mama dito sa may sala pinapakiramdaman ang isa't isa. "Nagulat po ba kita?" I finally broke our silence together.

"Hmm to be honest, your sexuality doesn't really bother me as long as you're brave enough to handle the effects of your choices. We live in a free country that being part of that community is slowly becoming accepted." malumanay niyang sabi.

"But no matter how accepted it is there are still things we need to consider." tinaas ko ang tingin ko sakanya.

"Are you... against me being part...?" mahinang sabi ko pero umiling agad siya.

"No, Iha. To be honest I am proud of you for having that kind of bravery and going against the norms but I just wanted to remind you that having that type of love is like going to war everyday and at the end your love for that person might be the one to end you both too." seryosong sabi niya.

...that type of love is like going to war everyday?

What does she mean by that?

Our love would also be the end of us?

How?

"If we love each other, how would our love be the end of us?" naguguluhang tanong ko sakanya. "Love is not the only thing that keeps the relationship going, Anak. You have to consider her beliefs, her dreams, her wants and if it matches with you too then I think you could keep your relationship stronger." ngiti niya at inubos ang kape niya.

"It's getting late, Kirsten. You had a rough day. Go on and rest." at hinalikan niya ang ulo ko.

"Was it Dad?" hindi ko maiwasang tanong. Suddenly I realized that she never talked about her love with my father before. "You love each other so much that your love for each other end up destroying you both." tumingin siya sa akin ng diretso.

"No, it wasn't him but soon you'll know it." she gave me her warmest smile and went inside her bedroom.

Kung hindi siya... Sino?

I've never heard of any of her exes before. Ngayon ko lang nalaman na wala pala akong kaalam alam tungkol kay Mama.

I checked my phone when I saw Aaliyah's messages.

Ali: It was a good match and I think you still deserve a huge congratulations. You're still my forever MVP. Love you always.

Me: Thank you. Love you forever.

Nakita ko rin ang message ni Isla.

Isla: See you at parking lot tomorrow. 7:20 am. Sabay tayong pumasok. Check your social media account. Everyone's talking about us!

Me: Noted, Miss President.

And she's right. I saw all of their comments going crazy about us. Paano ko sila haharapin? Isla even wants a grand entrance tomorrow by going together. Wow!

Pagpasok ko ng parking lot kitang kita ko na nakaabang si Isla sa akin. Magkaholding hands kaming naglalakad papapunta sa room namin.

I can hear their gigles and whispers as they talk about us. Some are even taking videos or pictures of us like we're a sort of famous love team.

I almost laughed when I saw Isla waving at them. Para siyang nangangampanya at ako yung first lady niya na laging kasama at nakabuntot sakanya.

"You seem to love this attention so much huh?" diing bulong ko sakanya. "Oh babe, I love everything that annoys my Mother." kindat niya sa akin at mas lalo silang naghiyawan.