Twenty Seven

Chapter 27:
A tight red string

Naiiyak ako.

Naiiyak na naman ako.

I don't know where to stand anymore. Everything's confusing me. I feel so lost and broken.

Napatingin ako sakanya ng hawakan niya ang kamay ko. Her touch was full of care, warmth and love. Tell me, how can I hurt this woman I love the most? How can I hurt this woman who taught me how to love?

"Hindi kita ipipilit kung ayaw mong pakinggan. I'll always be here for you if you wanna hear my truth." malumanay niyang sabi sa akin. I'm not afraid of your truth.

I am afraid I'd end up hating you.

"Tell me..." I said with all my strength. Ayoko ng patagalin pa.

"Kristine was my ray of sunshine in life. She gave light in my darkness. A life in my dull paintings. A wealth of happiness in my poverty. It all started when we were in college." I don't know why it breaks me more to hear every word she says.

Nagsimula ang lahat dahil sa pangalan namin. Her group thought I was Tin as in Celestine and my application to run for Student body organisations thought she's Tine as in Kristine.

Their confusion led us to meet each other like destiny. Like a thread that was destined to be tied to each other forever.

It wasn't love at first but I felt something ever since I laid my eyes on her. She's like an easy person who doesn't even have a probem. Lahat ng bagay na buhat buhat niya dinadaan niya sa kasiyahan niya.

She turns the negative things into positive. She's a definition of joy of life— a fruit of life rather.

Ever since we met, we kept bumping into each other that made us closer. Hindi ko nga akalain na kakausapin niya ako.

She seems too high to reach for me. Angelina Kristine Ladeo. The one and only heiress of La Deo Group. Mas lalo kaming naging close nung sinabi niyang ipinta ko siya until she endorses me to some wealthy family. for a portrait painting.

That's where I started to get some money for my tuition and for my place. A new friendship was born but destiny seemed to have a deeper plan on us when she kissed me under a beautiful perfect big moon.

She confessed her feelings for me and a tighter relationship was formed. She enjoyed the thrill in our secret relationship. We act as bestfriend in front of other people as we hold each others hand under the table.

Four years has gone by, we graduated from college. We were still enjoying our secret relationship. No one knew about us. We had ups and downs. We fought a lot but that didn't stop us from breaking up.

Four more years passed when our biggest challenge came to us. Their family company was at the edge of bankruptcy because of the corruption and tax issues of his Father. He was arrested on the spot.

Her Mother had no choice but to arrange Tin a marriage with the Sales Company to save their family from collapsing. She was their only hope.

"I met Rob—" "Baka naman may ibang paraan pa?" inunahan ko na siya agad.

Alam kong paulit ulit na namin tong pinag uusapan magmula nung naisipan ng Mama niya na magpakasal sa mga Sales.

"Gagawan natin ng paraan yan. I have some millions of cash. I... I have some connections with other rich families... pwede ko naman silang kausapin." parang awa mo na, Tin lumaban ka para sa akin

Lumaban ka para sa atin. Ang dami dami na nating napagdaanan, ngayon pa ba tayo susuko?

I know you have a lot of problems already but you can lean on me. Magpahinga ka muna sa tabi ko at ako muna ang bubuhat sa atin. Wag ka lang sumuko.