Chapter 5

I ignored all the texts from Haylee and my mom when I got home. I locked my door opened my phone case and pulled out a small blade. I then lifted up my dress and cut over the purple scars and winced and whimpered until blood dripped down to my white panties. I then went to the bathroom and got into a hot shower. I ignored the burning. I washed my hair and body and even shaved everywhere, hoping to feel better. I got out, smelling really nice, my skin smooth, my hair fresh, but my scars were the only thing that drew my attention. I grimaced as I looked in the mirror. I cried. Finally cried. I dried my hair and wrapped my towel tightly around me. I start to get dressed until I hear my phone buzz. I realize it's a FaceTime call but I am only in a bra and panties so I don't answer right away.

When I do, I hear her voice. 

"Mikayla? I need you to listen to me." Abby says, softly. It sounds like she was crying. Hard.

"Huh? Abby turn your camera on." 

She ignored me. "I didn't tell Daniel that you were a daddy-issued fucker. Okay? I swear. Paul did! He asked me what all happened at the mall and I told him every single detail but he twisted my words and told his friends and it just ended up getting to Daniel!"

I forgot I texted Abby, ranting to her, calling her a slut, and asking how she could do this to me. Reality hit me hard, I held onto my bathroom counter.

"Mickey? Mikayla! Please! You have to believe me! Do I need to drive over there?" She is crying even harder now.

"N-no, Abbs. It's fine. I'm fine. I get it." I say, turning my camera off, putting on a shirt and shorts, and coming back to her saying sorry at least fifty times.

"I'm just so, so sorry! I never meant to hurt you, you know that right?" She asks. 

The problem is, is that I don't know that, but I lie to her anyway saying, "Of course, Abbs. I got to go. See you at school tomorrow." I say, letting her say bye and then hanging up. 

Joey and Mom arrive around the same time. Mom comes up and bangs on my door saying, "Kayla Bear? Are you okay? Mickey?"

I was shocked. My mom. Asking if I was okay? I can't believe it.

I open the door. She's crying. "Yes, Mom. I am fine. Why are you crying?" 

"I heard what they were saying about you, baby. Are you okay? Should I tell your father about this and sort it out with the principal?"

"No. I am perfectly fine. Don't piss off Dad by telling him, please." I say, flashing her an 'I'm not okay but I am gonna tell you I am anyways' grin. 

"Watch the language please, baby. Also, I am happy you are taking this so well." My mom says and Joey appears behind her. 

"Hey, Mick. Can we talk?" He asks, squeezing by Mom. I nod and let him in. My mom smiles, pats my shoulder, and walks back downstairs. Not even a hug. What a shocker.

I tell my brother everything. He's pissed and says he'll sort it out with Daniel. 

"That won't be necessary, Joey. Please, don't." I say, pleading.

"Mick, someone needs to slap the shit out of him. He obviously has no common sense to be talking to you like that." 

I roll my eyes and we argue whether he needs to say something to Daniel or not and then finally, he agrees but we both know he is anyway.