Prologue

ATTENTION: THE MAIN CHARACTER IN THIS STORY, MIKAYLA, HAS FOUR NICKNAMES SHE IS CALLED. 

1. MICK

2. MICKEY

3. KAYLA

4. KAY

SO, PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN OTHER CHARACTERS CALL HER THIS. IT IS REFERRING TO MIKAYLA. THANK YOU AND ENJOY! <3

***

I'm not okay.

I never understood my parent's love-hate relationship. One night, they are cuddling on the couch. If my mom has had enough to drink, that cuddling might escalate. On another night, they are screaming at each other about money, beer, cheating, and the Lord knows what else. I hate the fact my mom has had to deal with such a piece of shit for so long.

I make great grades, good at the sports I play, and I try to be the best child I can be. That doesn't matter, though. They rather pay attention to each other whether they want to or not. It makes my blood boil. I hate this family. 

So I get my ass out of bed every day, get ready, and ignore my always-red eyes and I choke back tears. I used to ignore my brother sometimes when I got into this bad mental state, however, he is my closest friend now. He's the only one who can understand me. 

So, to all the innocent, great family people out there, try to understand this as much as you can, because my life is not perfect. I know millions of people out there have a terrible life, but I can't help them any more than they can help me. So, I bundle up all my feelings, suck it up, and re-glue my heart back together for a new day.