Chapter 2

Chapter name- The engagement

The next day, Anaya was sitting in her room. She was ready in a silver colored gown. Her long black hair were open and covering her back. She had a little bit of make-up done on her face. She was wearing a diamond set and bangles in one hand. She was looking at herself in the mirror. When Savitri ji came there. She got a little meotiona to see Anaya. Anaya looked at her. " No Dadi, please don't even think of crying. " said Anaya and came to Savitri ji. Savitri ji put a dot behind Anaya's ear. " Anaya, take care of yourself. I only have a few days to live. " said Savitri ji.

Anaya hugged Savitri ji. " Please Dadi, don't say this. You are my only family. " saod Anaya. Savitri ji moved her hand on Anaya's head. " Anaya, nothing can change that I am going to die." said Savitri ji. Anaya looked at Savitri ji with some tears in her eyes. Savitri ji cleaned the tears. When Vansh came there. " Oh my beauty." said Vansh while smiling. Vansh was about to go inside but Sandhya held his ear. " Shut up and Vansh, I told you to stay away from Anaya." said Sandhya.

Sandhya pulled Vansh out of the room. " You stay out and go down." said Sandhya and closed the door. Vansh went down. Sandhya looked at Anaya. Sandhya gave a jewelry set to Anaya. " Here Anaya, this is for you." said Sandhya, " Aunty, you have already given me many gifts. " said Anaya, " This is shagun. Keep it. And don't call me aunty. Call me Maa sa." said Sandhya and kissed Anaya's forehead. " Come." said Sandhya and walked out.

Anaya held Savitri ji's hand and started to walk down the stairs. Vansh was looking at her only. Vansh walked towards the edge of the stage and moved his hand towards Anaya. Anaya looked at Vansh and smiled. Anaya held Vansh's hand and walked up the stage. Kriti came to Anaya and Vansh. " Here, put the rings." said Kriti. Anaya and Vansh took the rings. Anaya moved her hand towards Vansh.

Vansh looked at her hand but didn't put the ring. Sanjay came to him. " Vansh, what happened? Why aren't you putting the ring in Anaya's finger?" asked Sanjay. Vansh looked at Sanjay. " Papa, I have always done everything in the presence of Bhai and now when I am getting engaged Bhai isn't there. I always wanted him to be here during this moment. " said Vansh, " Come on Vansh, put the ring. " said a voice. Vansh looked at the gate.

A man wearing a black three piece suit was standing there. " Bhai." said Vansh with a smile on his face. Vansh ran towards that man. He was Rudraksh, Vansh and Kriti's elder brother. Kriti also ran towards Rudraksh and Vanshm. Rudraksh hugged both his siblings. Vansh looked at Rudraksh. " I am so happy that you were able to come. " said Vansh. Rudraksh smiled. " Now don't wait. Go and put the ring. " said Rudraksh. Vansh went to the stage. Rudraksh came to Dadi, Sanjay and Sandhya and touched their feet. Anaya held Vansh's hand and put the ring.

Everyone clapped. Now Vansh held Anaya's hand and put the ring but it didn't fit. Sandhya came to them. " What happened? " asked Sandhya. Vansh looked at Sandhya. " Maa this is not fitting. " said Vansh, " But how is this possible? It was fitting in the morning." said Sandhya. Dadi came to the stage. " For now Vansh, put the ring in the other finger. Later we will change it." said Dadi, " Okay Dadi." said Vansh.

Vansh put the ring in another finger. Then Dadi, Savitri ji, Sanjay, Sandhya, Rudraksh and Kriti came omn the stage for the family photo. The photo got clicked and then all the guests came and gave the gifts to Anaya and Vansh. Then Anaya and Vansh were coming down the stage. Rudraksh was with them. Suddenly Anaya's foot slipped and she was about to fall when Rudraksh and Vansh held Anaya's hand. Anaya looked at both of them.

Rudraksh and Vansh pulled Anaya towards themselves. Vansh held Anaya's shoulders. " Are you okay, Anaya?" asked Vansh, " Yes, I am." replied Anaya. Then Vansh helped Anaya in coming down the stage. Rudraksh came down with them. At night, Anaya was sitting in the garden with Kriti and her best friend, Saras. Anaya, Kriti and Saras were having cups of coffee.

Kriti looked at Anaya. " Anaya, you are so happy that you are getting married to your love." said Kriti. Anaya looked at Kriti. " Yeah, it is nice. And I really wish that you and Saras also get married to the one you both love." said Anaya, " Yeah, that is nice but I am not interested in love." said Saras and lay on the grass. Anaya and Kriti looked at her. " But why?" asked Kriti.

Saras looked at Kriti. " Because, love is just boring." said Saras. Kriti laughed. " Let's see if you say the same thing when you fall in love." said Kriti, " Okay." said Saras. Anaya laughed. When Sandhya came there. " Kids." said Sandhya. Anaya, Kriti and Saras looked at Sandhya. " Kids, your lehengas has come. Come see which one you want to wear tommorrow for the mehendi." said Sandhya, " Okay Maa sa." said Kriti.

Anaya, Kriti and Saras got up and came inside. They saw all the expensive and designer lehengas kept there. Anaya looked at Kriti and Saras. " You both see which one you both want. Then I will choose." said Anaya. Dadi looked at Anaya. " Anaya, first you see because you are the bride." said Dadi. Anaya looked at her. " But Dadi." said Anaya, " No Anaya, you choose first." said Dadi. Kriti came to Anaya.

" Don't worry Anaya. You choose first. Then we will see." said Kriti, " No, let's see it together." said Anaya, " Okay." said Kriti. Anaya, Kriti and Saras started to see the lehengas. Anaya took a light green lehenga pair. Kriti and Saras choose dark green colored lehengas. Sanjay, Rudraksh and Vansh came down. Dadi looked at Anaya and Vansh. " Anaya, vansh, tommorrow you both have to go the temple. " said Dadi.

Vansh sat down. " But Dadi." said Vansh, " Shut up Vansh. We will go to the temple tommorrow morning." said Anaya, " Okay." said Vansh. Everyone laughed. Then everyone went to their rooms to sleep.