Chapter 3 : Unknown Abode

Daemin POV

I glare at the man standing before me with hostility, expressing my frustration as I issue a warning. I am about to repeat my question, emphasizing that if he tells another falsehood, I will not hesitate to harm him with the knife I hold.

Why do individuals consistently make choices that will expose them to harm? It greatly annoys me when individuals fail to uphold their commitments; if they are unable to fulfill them, why do they even bother? They are pitiful deceivers.

When I heard a knock, my attention was diverted from my work. I shifted my gaze and noticed one of my subordinates. "What do you need?" I inquired. "Ruel personally dispatched a colleague as a messenger."

"Let him in"

________

"You're new here. As you can see, I'm occupied," he remarks, gesturing towards a man acting erratically. Daemin expresses his anticipation for the reason his comrade has chosen to send someone else. "I apologize for interrupting you, but Master Ruel personally sent me," the man explains and bows, acknowledging the possible disruption his presence may have caused.

"Is that so?" Well, I prefer directness, so why did he send you here?" He takes a deep breath, exhales, and releases a puff of smoke.

"Master Ruel has discovered and confirmed the whereabouts of the place that Casandro, the untrustworthy merchant, has been stating as the site of the enchanted mystical flower. He wants you to be aware that he is willing to accompany you whenever you decide to go, alongside the man and Taevan."

"Finally, there is some positive news today. Inform him that I desire to go tomorrow. It is necessary for him to understand the extent of my desire and the duration of my search for those mystical flowers, therefore, there is no need to repeatedly inquire about when I want them or what I intend to do. "

The man respectfully made a bow before bidding farewell and informing the leader that he would provide Ruel with his answer.

_______

"If you're lying about this place just so you know how swift I can be holding a knife, you will never feel it pierce through you," Taevan threatened the man, making him anxious, before returning his gaze outside the carriage.

The man has doubts about whether the woman resides precisely in that location; however, he witnessed their entrance into that place once. Since he does not frequently enter the forest to hunt, he remains uncertain about their current whereabouts.

As they approach their desired end point, the man anxiously wonders if his memory has betrayed him, as this could spell his demise. Observing the leader ahead, whose eyes reveal no compassion for individuals in his position, it becomes increasingly challenging to find an opening for a plea to start afresh.

The fact that the people in the town are afraid of the leader is clear because he lives up to his reputation. Without a doubt, he is skilled at accomplishing what he sets out to do, and it has been noticed in recent times that his main focus is on reclaiming the mystical flowers created by his parents and bringing them back to their place of origin.

The halt of the carriage signifies their arrival at the intended place. With each tick of the clock, Casandro's anxiety heightened, yet when he finally caught sight of the familiar figure of a house, he let out a heavy sigh, and a wave of relief washed over him. He let out a deep breath once again, feeling the weight lift off his shoulders, before continuing. "This place is where they make their home."

_______

Daemin POV

As I surveyed my surroundings, all that met my gaze were a multitude of trees enveloping a single, towering abode that could easily be confused with a forsaken beacon of light. From the exterior, both doors and windows remained resolutely sealed, refusing to reveal any secrets held within. Nature reigned supreme in this desolate expanse, devoid of any hint of a neighboring community or dwelling.