Chapter 11 : Folly Decisions

Yuhi POV

Upon our arrival at the main chamber, we were met by an unfamiliar face, indicating the presence of additional guests of whom I was previously unaware. Taevan beckoned me over with a wave and a gesture, to which I willingly complied.

He asks, nudging my elbow, "Why are you with Prince Khristian?"

With a smile on my face, I mentioned how our paths crossed when I realized I was chasing after Leo. Ruel said as he approached us that it was fortunate that we had met the Prince of Sotherian—or, at the very least, that I had. I nodded in response and commented on the prince's goodness. I then asked about the whereabouts of Daemin and if the people around us were also his friends.

"He will arrive shortly, he is just fixing something, but first of all, I need to inquire about you, it's important. Well, can you spot the other man wearing a crown? Standing next to Prince Khristian? He is also a prince and our ally."

Daemin seems to have a large circle of friends, I can only imagine what it's like to have so many people around you as you grow up. It must be interesting to have companions who you can truly call friends. Taevan mentioned that they are from Norhtiane.

I've heard about the place before, my mother occasionally goes there. "The Upper Kingdom'?"

"Certainly, some people use that term to describe it," Ruel replies in place of Taevan.

Nervously twiddling my thumbs, I eagerly anticipate Daemin's arrival. When he finally steps out from behind the curtains, I am surprised by his appearance, noticing a cut and bruise on his face. I wonder what could have caused it. His eye condition is worrying. "Is he okay? He seems to be experiencing some discomfort."

Ruel looked at him with concern similar to mine. "He claims he's okay. He prefers that we stay out of this situation. However, I did try my best to handle it."

The Prince of Norhtiane expressed concern for Daemin's well-being, but I am taken aback because he clearly does not look okay, contradicting what he is saying.

"I'm fine, you just want my response to the invitation, just like Prince Khristian here, which I declined previously, right?"

I found out he dismissed the prince's question when it came to his response to the invitations they sent, similar to how he had declined Prince Khristian invitation too.

"With firm resolve, I decided to attend the event." The Prince of Norhtiane's eyes brightened upon hearing Daemin's decision, followed by a visible exhale of relief coming from Ruel. Their reactions highlighted the importance of his choice. His gaze shifted towards me as he spoke, conveying a silent mutual understanding.

"However, I would like to propose a condition"

"Do not retract your previous statement under any circumstances." Daemin gave a nod and proceeded to say. "In this new venture of mine, there is a companion I am eager to bring along. Though she lacks the noble lineage or magical abilities of royalty or sorcerers, her presence is one I desire by my side." He speaks with his eyes locked on mine. Is he planning to take me with him?

"Rest assured, feel free to bring along anyone you desire. I will ensure that your arrival and attendance at the event will be seamless and without any inconvenience."

"I also wanted to update the location because it's also about honoring my parents. I wanted to decide where the event would be. I wanted it to be somewhere close to the ocean."

My eyes widened at the words he said. Ocean? Sea? Really? He seems to notice my excitement. Is it possible that he recalls the details I gave him? But even so, I am impressed by his kindness and consideration. I know he is listening to what I am saying at that moment, but I can not believe he will retain it in his memory and make a note to remember it. He is very attentive to it, if he still remembers it. I find him amazing, and I am flattered—I will not deny it.

Falling MysticalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara