Chap 18 : The Sea Maze Master

"I find it incredible that Yhera and Mhiro's son will be attending this year's honorary event. I wonder what convinced him to take part this time?"

The lady nodded slightly and looked at the woman sitting next to her. "By the way, he brought this unfamiliar woman with him. I wonder what family she comes from because I have never seen her before."

Mirena's interest was piqued, prompting her to eagerly listen in on the intriguing dialogue between the two noble women. "Could this woman be his companion?" she wondered aloud.

As Mirena deftly measured the sleeves of her attire, the woman nonchalantly lifted her hand, offering a glimpse of freedom. Casually, she shrugged her shoulders and indulged in a sip of her wine. "A stranger she may be, yet her resplendent locks are truly remarkable," the noble woman remarks.

"I find myself intrigued by their dynamic pair, if the rumors hold true and she is indeed his companion, then it is not far-fetched to anticipate the rise of yet another prodigious sorcerer who shall undoubtedly inherit his esteemed legacy in due course."

The second woman chuckled at her friend's words, dismissing them as overly ambitious.

"Have you finished measuring?" she asked, sitting on the soft chair. Mirena nodded and asked. "Does the lady you're talking about have two different hair colors?"

"Oh my goodness, how did you find out? Do you perhaps work for a royal sorcerer to have that knowledge?"

In a state of uncertainty regarding her proper reaction, Mirena merely acquiesced with a nod, disclosing her involvement in the creation of their garments. Additionally, she revealed that her acquaintance, a member of the esteemed lineage of sorcerers in the royal court, had divulged this information to her. "So, is her hair as beautiful as I've been told?"

"Indeed, she possesses an undeniable allure. Initially, I was shocked to see that she had two different hair colors."

In light of the revelations made by those around her, Mirena begins to entertain the notion that the mysterious figure in question may indeed be her daughter. The distinctive multicolored hair, a trait possessed by no other individual in the kingdom, serves as a telltale sign. Furthermore, a memory surfaces of her daughter passionately defending a man during a heated exchange. Could this man be a member of the royal sorcerer's?

"From the first day of the honorary magic event held in the Norhtiane Kingdom, news of his unexpected arrival easily spread throughout all the kingdoms, making the matter known." one of the nobles added.

Her laughter bubbled within as she singled out the individual she held in the utmost disdain, the one she repeatedly cautioned others to avoid. A sorcerer. Could it be that she has been in their midst all this time? It is only a matter of time until they discover her abilities.

With resolve in her heart, Mirena knew Yuhi should not be in that place, particularly in that kingdom. She made a decision to rise from her seat and embark on a journey to retrieve her daughter from the distant Norhtiane Kingdom before she stumbled upon a dangerous situation that could ultimately harm her.

_______

Looking at the man at the ticket booth, Mirena says, "I need a ticket for the carriage ride to the Norhtiane Kingdom immediately, and I must be there before dark tomorrow"

"Madam, I apologize, but you will have to wait a few hours. The first ride has already departed, and our spare carriage is currently undergoing maintenance." The man responded.

His gaze widened in astonishment as Mirena unveiled a satchel containing an impressive sum of money. "Hand me one immediately, and I am willing to pay any cost,"