Chapter 13 : Honorary Sorcerer Event

Harriett's POV

I have taken on the responsibility of planning this prestigious event in lieu of my parents, and I must admit that it caused me a great deal of anxiety. Among the arriving guests are members of esteemed noble families and the royal sorcerers, with the King and Queen of Sotherian eagerly awaiting the arrival of their son, expected to be accompanied by the Royal sorcerer and noble attendees from the Kingdom of Dharzians.

"He's still not here?"

"Father, I know you are aware of Daemin's reputation for honoring his word, so have no doubt that he will attend,"

"Is he arriving with his aforementioned companion as well?"

"Without a doubt, he will. Speaking of him, I think they've arrived," I remarked as I approached the group of people who seemed to be in awe of his presence at the event. "I'm glad you made it. We have been waiting for you before the event begins."

Daemin nodded, his eyes lingering around the place. I really hope he likes the venue I picked. "The venue is great, as expected of you."

I smiled, and my gaze then diverted to the unfamiliar face of a young girl in an elegant dark blue dress next to him. This must be the companion he promises to bring. "I see you have brought this beautiful companion with you. Could you tell me your name, my lady?"

"Yuhimi, I'm honored and happy to be here. Thank you for having me."

"Have no concerns, allow me to guide you to your designated places prior to the commencement of the affair."

After getting everyone seated, I took the stage and began my introduction. "Greetings to everyone who has attended this annual sorcery event honoring the greatest sorcerers we have ever known, Yhera and Mhiro from the Kingdom of Dharzian. This is where most of us sorcerers get to bond and see each other and show off our skills and sorcery powers. I might say, this three-day event is truly one of the best because we have an important guest. I know how difficult it is to lose someone you love, especially when the event we are holding is for them, so I understand his previous refusal so please give him a round of applause and a warm welcome for bravely attending!"

Beaming with delight, I guided the multitude towards Daemin's designated spot, eliciting a resounding chorus of applause and cheer as he rose to his feet, capturing the attention of fellow enchanters around him.

"In celebration of the greatest sorcerer we have ever known, his parents, Daemin will be the one hosting the lightning in today's and the next day's night events. So get your royal wands ready and enjoy the little show that the renowned performers from our Kingdom have prepared for you all. We have more things planned, so look forward!"

Following my departure from the stage, I relinquish the spotlight to the performers who will captivate the guests and esteemed sorcerers in attendance.

"Son, you never cease to amaze me. I cannot believe you convinced Daemin to come and host the lightning event!"

I reciprocated my father's embrace with a grateful smile and a gesture of acknowledgment.

_______

Yuhi POV

"Are you having fun?" Daemin asked quietly next to me when he sat down, I smiled at him. Needless to say, I'm happy, why would I not be? I have never seen so many people before, much less been able to engage in conversation with them. It is incredible, even if it is only for a short while, and on top of that, I was able to fulfill my dream of visiting this location. Who would have thought that I would be able to have quick chats with people other than my Mother, Daemin and his friends, with whom I have been living lately? It is beyond words how happy I am to see a landscape like this-the actual sea!