Chapter 5 : Dauntless or Reckless

Daemin POV

After the passage of three weeks, the arrival of spring bestowed its grace upon us, and the companionship I found in her became a customary occurrence. I must confess, it was not an entirely unfavorable situation. Apart from the persistent chiding I faced from Ruel and Taevan upon my return home, I proclaimed and agreed with the two of them at some point that my focus had been diverted and my original aspirations remained distant. It has come to pass that Ruel has acquired knowledge regarding the method by which the coveted enchanted blossom she and her mother possess may be procured. Alas, this course of action necessitates a contamination that could well prove fatal to them.

_______

Well, such a deed as that is unthinkable to him, especially upon discovering the purity and benevolence that radiate from her very being. Although he himself may be perceived as a creature of monstrosity, one who instills fear in the hearts of the townsfolk, in her presence, he finds solace. She embraces him unconditionally, allowing him to shed the shackles of his true nature, unfettered by the dread of harsh judgment.

"Daemin?" Yuhi repeated when she noticed that he was lost in his thoughts. "Oh, what did you say again?"

"I yearn to inquire whether you have ventured upon a realm abundantly graced by aqueous elements, beyond the realm of verdant foliage, perhaps?

"Do you mean the seaside? The ocean? Is that what you mean?"

She smiles and approaches him closer. He grinned at the fact that she was so interested in the ocean itself. "Oh, yes, is that what's it called? I remember drawings from the book that my mother bought me."

"Really? Have you ever seen the coast?"

She pouted and stuffed her hair behind her ears. She sighed. "I already told you, I haven't been out for a long time, let alone go to other places. My world is around this place, it practically rotates in this forest."

He didn't know what got into him, but he unconsciously uttered something he wouldn't expect if you told him first that he had suggested it himself. "Well, would you like to go see one?"

"Are you kidding with me!? Of course, I would like to go to see a real perimeter of the seashore. I want to draw and paint it while seeing it with my own eyes, it's my dream!" she says, almost jumping on the rock while sitting. This made him concerned about slipping and hurting herself. So he held her before everything started to worsen. "Well, stop jumping; you may hurt yourself, and yes, I'm sure I can take you there if you want-

"Really!? You'll do it for me?" he nods. But a sudden realization hit her, he noticed her change of demeanor. "But the thing is, even if you bring me there, my mother will certainly not allow me."

"Well, you say that each week leading up to your birthday, your mother grants you the privilege of venturing into town, on the condition that she accompanies you?"

"Indeed, however, the opportunity presented itself solely once annually? each week preceding the commemoration of my birth."

"So, let's change it. Why don't you try to be open to your mother? Maybe she will change her mind. You are almost twenty-three years old, right? You can make decisions and choices yourself." he suggested. Well, she has never tried it, so she doesn't know what the result will be, but if she has never tried, she will never know., right? So its better to go for it than just do nothing.  She looked at him with a smile. "Okay, I will try my best to convince her. Thank you, Daemin."

"I hope that she agrees, and when she does, I will definitely accompany you. You can also take Leo with you if it makes her feel at ease. "

"Promise?" She gives one of her pinky fingers, waiting for him to do the same. "What is with you? Are you a child?"