7. colorado springers

seven          

seven           .          colorado springers

[ narrative , messages , narrative ]
JANUARY 6TH, 2024
The Group Chat.

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

MY PHONE is ringing. Obviously I pick it up, because it's Walker.

"Hi, Sunshine. How's your morning so far?" He asks.

I smile. "Good. How's yours been?"

"I have to third wheel you two dorks again?" Kate groans playfully. "Hello, Walker."

"Hi, Kate. Sunshine my morning has been fine. A little boring since Lauren's out cold and you're not here." He mumbles.

"Have you been learning your lines?" I ask him, and he perks up.

"Yeah, and— oh! Lauren just woke up, you wanna say hi?" Walker asks.

"Yes!" I say eagerly

"Hell yeah." Kate says loudly.

"Summer, may I ask why you're on the phone with Walker Scobell?" I hear from Lauren.

Walker pans the camera so it's on Lauren instead of him. I blush a little at her words, not sure how to answer her.

"Uhm... we're just catching up. I got the homework answers I needed, so... we decided to just stay on the phone for a little." I mumble, but I push my defense further. "it's none of your business! Anyway, how's things in LA? It's so weird that it's only 8:30 for you guys."

Walker puts the camera so it's on both him and Lauren, and then smiles at my explanation, nodding to Lauren that what I'm saying is true.

"Yeah... it's odd." Lauren agrees, "tell Kate I say hi and I miss you both. I'll be back in 5 days! kisses!!"

"hugs!! We miss you too, Laur!" We shout back at her before she waves and heads to a different spot in the room, presumably the bathroom to change.

"So I take it you were supposed to hang up now?" I joke, and he nods.

"Yeah, but I don't really wanna. You needed those answers, right? I think I sent them to one of my other friends before so I might have the pic saved. Want me to send it to you?" He asks me, and I quickly say yes.

"Yes! God, you would be a lifesaver. I can't understand it for shit!" I sigh, and I see the white glow coming from his screen, signaling he's on a different app.