14. farewell

fourteen          

fourteen           .          farewell

[ narrative ]
JANUARY 15TH, 2024
The Flight Home
summer's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"YOU REALLY don't believe in ghosts?" Dylan asks, and Celeste gives him a look.

"...No? Do you?" She asks him, and I can tell she's weirded out by this conversation.

I just listen to their yapping since walker's focusing on driving for the most part.

"Sunshine, you good? You haven't been talking much." Walker asks, and I nod.

"Yeah, I'm perfect. I just don't have much to say, that's all." I smile at him, but it's not a completely real smile.

I'm pretty bummed about leaving so soon, and I know he is too. We had a really good time together and it's gonna be hard to adjust to having to always call him or wait until he's done filming so we can talk.

Filming hasn't actually started yet, but I know when it does he'll have a lot less free time, which worries me for how much we'll be able to talk.

I know Walker will try his hardest, but he's going to be tired and busy, so I won't be upset at him if we have to talk less. Obviously it's not preferable, but I can't just have him be exhausted twenty-four seven because I want to talk to him.

"Do you two believe in ghosts?" Dylan asks Walker and I, and I furrow my eyebrows in a hes still on about this? manner.

"Uhm... not really? I mean if I saw one I would, but as of right now I don't." I try not to laugh as Walker exchanges the same look with me that I had on prior to speaking.

"No, I don't." Walker answers as he pulls into the airport parking lot. "Do you?"

"Nah, I was just asking because Belle is pretty into that stuff and she was texting me about it earlier." He shrugs.

All that just because Belle was talking about it? Childhood friends my ass.. he definitely has a crush on her.

"You said you know Belle how?" I ask him, and his eyes light up a little.

"We're childhood friends. Our moms knew each other from high school... why?"

"You seem to like her a little more than a childhood friend," I I look at him through the rearview mirror, and his cheeks are a little pink.

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗬𝗢𝗨 (W.S) ²On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara