13. day out

thirteen          

thirteen           .          day out

[ messages , narrative ]
JANUARY 13TH, 2024
The Day With Walker
summer's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"SUNSHINE, ARE you ready to go?" Walker asks me as I open my hotel room door.

"Shit, give me like 4 minutes?" I ask, and he nods.

"Of course, sunshine." He smiles as I let him in.

He sits down on the small sofa in my hotel room as I rush into my bedroom to finish getting ready. I quickly do my makeup and grab a hoodie to slip on just in case I get cold later.

I rush out to where Walker is sitting, and he laughs quietly at me.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You didn't have to rush, Sunshine. I was okay with waiting." He smiles at me, and I think it's almost sympathetic.

"Oh—" I blush, "I didn't wanna make you wait for twenty minutes."

He smiles as he heads to the door, holding it open for me as I walk through. I mumble a thank you to him as we head to the elevator. As the elevator doors shut he laces his hand with mine, and I smile to myself at the touch.

"Where we going?" I ask him, and he shakes his head at me.

"It's a surprise, sunshine."

I scoff playfully. "I hate surprises, but okay..."

He laughs as we walk into the lobby, but he quickly lets go of my hand when a girl about our age runs up to us.

"Oh my gosh, you're Walker Scobell!" She squeals, "can I get a picture?"

He smiles politely at her. "Yeah, of course."

"Great! Hey you.. uh, his sister or whatever, take our picture!" She says quickly.

The girl shoves her phone into my hands as she tells me to take the picture for them. I do so, not wanting to object to the rude kid and put a bad name on Walker.

He quickly dismisses himself from her and motions for me to follow him as we head to Lauren's car.

"I'm sorry she was sorta rude to you," he mumbles, and I shrug.

"I'll have to get used to it anyway, most of your fans are crazy."

He frowns. "I know. If I can help it you're not going to be in the public image. I mean, if you want to be public then you can be, but— I mean— uhm... like, if we get close."