11. plane rides

eleven

eleven . plane rides

[ narrative ]
JANUARY 12TH, 2024
The Arrival
summer's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"THE FLIGHT to LA is boarding now, I repeat, the one o'clock flight to LA is boarding now, thank you."

Our team scrambles to the gate, everyone making sure to stand with who they want to sit by. Kate and I are together, and right in front of us we have Belle and Celeste. Thankfully Alyssa ended up at the back of the line with a poor girl on our team who's best friend couldn't make the flight.

I'm so glad we don't have to deal with Alyssa on this flight, because after what she pulled during the nationals announcements, I don't want to deal with her. Xander was not pleased at the news that Kate was going to LA for like four days, and they had a small argument over it.

Apparently Xander is convinced that Kate will cheat if she's away for too long, but everyone in the world that's ever met Kate knows how much she despises cheating. That wasn't enough for Xander of course, so Kate invited him to come along, but he said he didn't have time to leave irresponsibly like she did, which makes me even more mad.

Kate's not leaving irresponsibly, she has a commitment to the team and is upholding it by going to nationals with us. I wanted to slap Xander the second he got angry at her for literally just being good at her sport.

We get on the plane and Kate lets me have the window seat since I'm younger... or whatever, and Belle and Celeste sit across from us.

"I think Lauren's bringing that boy she's been hanging out with a lot... what's his name, Brady?" Kate asks, and I nod.

"Yeah, his name is Brady. I'm pretty sure some of the other people are coming too since Lauren gets to play with us." I explain, and Kate nods in understanding.

"Won't Dylan be there?" Celeste asks Belle, and she nods.

"I forgot about that! But yeah. He's filming with Lauren on their show or whatever, so my mom said I should say hi to him and catch up since we haven't seen his family in a while." Belle explains.

Apparently Dylan Hoffman is one of Belle's childhood friends that she grew up with, which is sort of weird to me. Why are all of my friends' childhood best friends celebrities?

We just chat about what we'll do in our free time while we're in LA, which mostly consists of hanging out with Lauren... but I plan to hang out with Walker a lot too, so I'm not sure if I'll make it to all of their plans.