19. adventure

nineteen

nineteen . adventure
[ narrative ]
FEBRUARY 11TH, 2024
Picnics & Questions
summer's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

I HEAR a knock on my door, and I open it. When I see Walker holding flowers, I smile at him.

"Hi Walkie." I saw softly, and I notice his nervous expression. "are you alright? You seem nervous."

"I'm—" he stutters a little. "I'm fine, Sunshine. Are you free right now?"

"Yeah, I am." I nod.

"Well then let's go, Sunshine. No time to waste." He laughs. and I smile as I let him in.

"Thanks for the flowers, Walkie. I love them." I shut the door behind him.

"No problem, Sunshine." He replies, sitting down on my bed.

10 MINUTES LATER...

"SUNSHINE, YOU ready to go yet?" Walker asks me as he sits down on my bed once more, since he had gotten up to look at some of my art I'd made while I was here. I shake my head as an answer to his question.

"No, I still gotta get ready, Walkie. I'm sorry, I'll hurry I promise!" I say quickly, rushing into the bathroom, and he laughs.

"Take your time, sunshine. I can wait." He shouts to me.

I smile to myself. He's so perfect.

I quickly finish up getting ready and walk out to him. He smiles at me and grabs my hand, walking out to the elevator with me.

we walk out silently to his car, and I open my mouth to protest that he may get recognized, but he beats me to it.

"Don't worry about us being seen, I'm not taking you to a public place." He says softly, and then he hesitates. "Well, technically it's public... buts it's not in public. Like, people won't be around us."

I laugh softly at his words. "I get what you're saying, Walkie."

He begins to drive, turning on the radio before pulling out of the parking spot. Surprisingly, the first song that comes on is Style by Taylor Swift

This is the song I told him was one of my favorites... he said it's one of his too.

"Yknow why I like this song, sunshine?" He asks me, and I shake my head.