22. surprise

twenty-two

twenty-two . surprise
[ narrative ]
FEBRUARY 22ND, 2024
Visits?
summer's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"YOU SERIOUSLY think you need more books?" I ask her, and she nods.

"Yes! Plus, this one is a collectors edition." Kate reasons.

It's been a few days since we left, and we're... coping. Both Lauren and I are pretty down, but I think Kate's been in contact with Malachi quite a bit so he's helping her out with her problems.

I had been talking to Walker as much as I could, but he was busy quite often because of filming and things. Plus I'm pretty sure Lauren and Brady have been struggling a little so I'm not exactly sure what he's been up to.

"Okay, well... I'll go with you. Walker is busy today so I don't—"

"No! You stay." Kate says quickly. "I'm going with... someone else! Yep, bye!"

She quickly walks out of my house, not giving me a chance to answer her. I sigh as I lay down on my couch.

"Summer? Did Kate leave?" My mom asks me, sounding confused.

"Mhm. She was going to buy something and told me to stay here. I'm not sure why, really, but she didn't want me to go." I mutter, and she smiles at me softly.

"Alright. I'm gonna go to the store, you want anything?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"No thanks. I'm just gonna take a nap." I tell her, and she nods.

"Okay. I'll be back in an hour or two." She tells me before walking towards the door. "Love you, Summer."

"Love you too, mom." I reply, hearing the door shut behind her. I shut my eyes, attempting to take a nap.

About 20 minutes in, I give up and sit up. Coincidentally at the same time, my phone rings. It's Walker.

I immediately answer, smiling as his face pops up on my screen.

"Walkie, hi!" I smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good, sunshine. How's things going at home?" He asks, and I shrug.

"They're fine. School is boring, the usual. What're you up to?"

"Well, I'm outside your house right now, but I'm planning to try and hang out." He says smoothly.