• Jealous Ex

Mattheo and I have been broken up for about 2 months now.

We broke up because he is too childish for a relationship right now.  He prioritized partying and drinking over me at times and I'm not going to put up with that.

Recently I've been talking to Anthony Goldstein, a cute Ravenclaw boy.

All of my friends keep asking questions about him to the point where it's getting very annoying.

"Come on Y/N, tell us more."  Pansy pleads as we walk into the common room.  "Just one more detail about him."

"No guys.  There is nothing more to tell; I've told you guys everything."  I sigh.

"What are you guys talking about?"  Adrian asks from the coach.

"Y/N has a boyfriend!!"  Daphne cheers.

All of the guys raise an eyebrow at me and I blush.

"Who is this boyfriend Y/N?"  Draco smirks.

"First of all he's not my boyfriend.  Second, it's none of your business."  I huff and cross my arms.

"Well he is none other than Anthony Goldstein."  Astoria smirks.

"Goldstein?  How did you start talking to him?"  Draco questions.

"We have potions together that's all there is to it."

All of my friends start to cheer.  They're so weird.  All of this is overwhelming me.

As I'm walking towards the hallway that leads to my dorm I see Mattheo standing there with his arms crossed.  I pause for a second and we just stare at each other before I break it and walk away.

~ Time Skip ~

I'm so late! Snape is definitely going to give me detention.

I'm speed walking to potions right now because I woke up so late. I thought somebody would at least wake me up.

I almost there but a sound stops me from going any further. I turn on my heels and start walking towards the noise that I can't quite make out.

"Tell me Goldstein what are your intentions with her." Mattheo?

I peak my head around the corner and see Mattheo holding Anthony by the collar, pinning him against the walls. Anthony looks terrified.

"You can't speak?" Mattheo pushes him further into the wall.

"Let me tell you something Goldstein. If you hurt that angel you'll have to go through me. I've already broken her heart and I'm going to do everything possible to prevent that from happening again."

My heart feels like it will beat out of my chest.

"Y-you still l-love her?" Anthony chokes out.

"That's none of your concern." Mattheo grits.

Anthony manages to get out of Mattheo's death grip. "Listen Riddle, if you too still have something going on I'll back off. You just have to tell if you do. If you don't I'm still going to pursue her."

"You want me to say it you jackass. I fucking love her and I will for the rest of my life."

My heart is beating so fast.

"Then why did you guys break up?"

"Because I was a fucking idiot!" He shouts.

"Well if you were an idiot don't you think she deserves someone else?"

"These past few months I have threatened multiple guys that have wanted to pursue her. I'm confident that we will find our way back to each other so I've told the guys that have liked her that they can't break her heart or I will break their jaws. They were all little bitches so they didn't even think of pursuing her."

What?

"Well then, I guess I'm done with her." Anthony sighs.

"You better be nice when you end it or I'll break you in half."

Anthony only nods and starts to walk my way.

I start to speed walk my way to class.

~ Time Skip ~

Class just ended, surprisingly Snape didn't give me detention.

I'm about to leave the classroom before Anthony stops me.

"Hey Y/N, can we talk?" He scratches the back of his neck.

I give him a faint smile, I already know what's about to happen. "Sure."

"So these past couple days have been great, but I'm just not ready for anything serious right now. I don't want to lead you on so I'm ending whatever this is now."

"It's ok Anthony. I wish you the best." I smile before walking out of the classroom.

Right now I have to confront Mattheo.

I walk into the common room and I see all of my friends there, including Mattheo.

"Can you guys leave, I have to talk to Mattheo alone."

"Why do we have to go if it's only the two of you that need to talk?" Blaise questions.

"You heard her. All of you leave now." Mattheo commands.

Everyone gets up and Mattheo and I are left alone.

"What did you want to talk about Angel?"

"Don't call me that. Want to explain to me why Anthony ended things with me?" I ask while sitting across from him.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Really you don't?" I sigh. "Can you tell me anything about my 'multiple suitors' that haven't pursued me because of, I don't know, threats?"

I see Mattheo's eyes slightly widen. "What do you know?"

"I heard you earlier today Mattheo. I heard you threaten Anthony and I also heard you mention that you have threatened multiple other guys."

"What else did you here."

I pause. I know exactly what he wants me to say.

"Cats got your tongue? Come on baby, tell me what else you heard." He smirks.

"You still love me." I whisper.

"Damn right."

That's it, seriously?

"Are you not going to explain yourself?" I scoff.

"Well you heard everything you should know why I did everything." He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever." I go to get up but he does too.

"That's all?"

"Yes Mattheo that's all. Were you expecting me to take you back?" I ask.

He only looks down.

"Mattheo I can't take you back right now. I don't know if you've stopped all of this partying and you're jealousy issues." I start to pace.

"Angel I've worked on myself these past few months. I don't go out that often and when I do I'm not drinking like crazy."

"You obviously haven't worked on the jealousy." I give him a light smile which he reciprocates.

"I can't help it. I don't like when other guys have your attention. I also didn't like the idea of someone breaking your heart." He touches my shoulder.

"But you broke my heart." I whisper looking up at him.

" I know." He whispers. "That's why I've threatened all those guys. I didn't want them to break you like I did."

I walk closer into him and hug him.

We stand there in silence.

"Can we give this another try?" Mattheo whispers.

"Yes, but let's just take things slow."

"I can work with that."