𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

"We're leaving. You ready?" Steven says as we head out. Belly is there too. I guess she was having her night swim but it looks like they were talking about something a little more with the way conrad jumps when we come out.

"Can i come too?" Belly asks as she gets up and wraps herself up with a towel. Without hesitation Steven immediately says no. "The moms are getting everything set up for your movie night." Jeremiah adds in.

Every year the moms and daughters would have a little movie night on the first night. We always watch It Happened One Night, it's a tradition. I used to watch it with them too but starting last summer after begging and begging, mom finally let me go to the bonfire with the boys on the first night. 

Belly looks hurt at the fact that we're going without her. I can't blame her, But at the same time i had to wait until i was 16 to go out so fair is fair. "Bye belly." I wave as i walk to the car. We get in and jeremiah looks a little bit bothered. "What were you and Belly talking about?" Jeremiah asks, looking at conrad through the rearview mirror. 

Jere has always had a small crush on Belly but i guess now since she's changed, so has his crush.

Conrad shakes his head "It was nothing." He blinks twice.

He has this weird habit that every time he's lying he blinks twice. I'm the only one who notices it but of course I don't call him out on his bullshit.

Jere ignores this and makes convo. "So Ells, Hows softball going." Jere is the only one who knows how much softball means to me, everyone else is always telling me how i should just stick to volleyball like Belly. But Jere sees why I am the way I am about my sport. He supports me way more than my own family does. Last year, he drove all the way from his house just to watch my first game.

Conrad, who is sitting next to me in the back shifts in his seat. He's trying to act like he's not trying to listen, but I know he is.

"It's been going good I even got moved up to varsity."

I see Conrad smile from the corner of my eye. 

"Ells that's awesome!" Jeremiah says. "we're definitely gonna celebrate!"

"Woah hey. You're supposed to be my sober driver remember?" Steven says panicking.

"I know but just because I can't drink doesn't mean that Ellie can't." I hate alcohol.

I only drink to get fucked, but I hate the taste of alcohol if i'm just drinking just to drink. I think it taste horrible and i don't see a point in just drinking for fun. Same with cigarettes and vapes. There's no use of it. It's just nicotine and smoke in my opinion.

When we finally pull up Jeremiah is the first to get out. He opens my door and grabs my hand causing a scoff to come from Conrad. I roll my eyes, I don't know what's been going on with him but he's been such a dick recently.

We walk towards everyone and I see Shayla, I run towards her and give her a big hug. "Shayla I missed you so much!" I laugh. She hugs me back and says "I miss you too Gabs." Shaylas one of the only people who ever call me Gabs. I love her for it, she has a special nickname for me.

"Okay," Steven groans, "You can let go of my girl now".

I let go of her hug and Steven pulls her in for a hug and kisses her on the head.

I love their relationship so much. It's sweet seeing how much they care about each other. "Oh my gosh Shayla, you won't believe how much he talked about you. It was Shayla this, Shayla that, Do you think shayla will like this outfit?" I say mocking Stevens dumb voice. Steven makes an attempt to cover her ears but fails miserably.