𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

"So he just asked you out?" Ari says pouring the shots inside the little glasses. "Just like that?"

"Yeah i guess so." I say with a smile on my face. This whole time i've liked Conrad Fisher and it turns out, he feels the same way. i don't know how to feel. My summer dream has finally come true.

I take the shot that Ari has just handed to me, a burning sensation fills through my throat. 

"Ugh that shit is strong." Ari groans with a sour look on her face. 

"Where'd you even get this?" I grab the bottle looking at it. its one of those fancy bottles that are usually up to fifty dollars.

"Jaydon gave it to me." She shrugs.

Jaydons her older brother, he's kind of like steven in a way but definitely nicer. Mom loves him and always tries to set us up, though I ignore her attempts.

"Your lucky. I wish Steven was as nice but nope." I laugh pouring another shot. 

"Hey steven can be nice." Ari defends.

"Yeah until he makes out with your sisters best friend." I groan remembering the consequence of that action, and Belly blurting it out.

"Well I don't have a sister." She sticks out her tongue before clinking her shot glass with mine.

"I knew it!" Belly interrupts as she talks to herself, passing by with a margarita glass in each hand. 

She notices us in the gazebo and waves forgetting about the glass in her hand, it spills a little on her before she notices. 

"Oh my.." Ari waves back. 

Belly comes up to the gazebo, her face flustered with a smile. 

"Hey Bells," I smile "What's got you all excited."

Belly smiles to herself before answering, "Well- you 'member how connie "forgot" my birthday." She drunkenly air quotes the words forgot. 

Me and Ari both nod, letting her continue her story. She laughs to herself "turns out," She says in a matter of fact way. "He got me an infinity necklace, I mean isn't that so cute. he obviously does care about me." She laughs to herself.

No way. How could i be this stupid. This whole time I really thought he liked me and it turns out his eyes are on my little sister. I mean i have to be so idiotic to not realize that. 

I would've been perfectly fine if he had just gotten her the necklace for her birthday but the fact that he lied about it shows he obviously had something to hide. 

Ari's mouth is agape, her eyes pan over to me waiting for my reaction. I can't get mad at Belly. She didn't do anything wrong. She just has a little crush, just like me. 

"That- That's so great Belly." I lie through my smile. 

Belly grins at my approval "I know right!" she giggles.

"Do you wanna head inside Elle?" Ari places her hand on my back, she reads my mind so easily.

I nod my head and get up from the bench of the gazebo, belly following after us. Walking towards the bottom of the stairs susannah come out, carrying a cake on her mothers fragile plate. 

"Cake time!" She shouts gleefully.

"Ooh I want the piece with the strawberries-" Belly runs up behind us, her drunken steps causing her to stumble and trip me. Which apparently causes a domino effect and I bump into Susannah. Susannah falls backwards the plate in her hand crashing down, just my luck when my hand lands in the shards of glass.