𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Every birthday Belly has is in Cousins, and it's always the same. Mom makes Mickey Mouse pancakes, everyone gives her presents, and it's the one day of the year where the boys have to include her in everything. She loves every second of it, especially being able to hang with Conrad.

"Hows it going over there?" Mom asks Me and Steven who are making some of the mickey mouse pancakes.

"Look at these pancakes!" Steven brags, taking the plate from my hand.

Before mom could scold him the birthday girl came downstairs. "Good Morning guys." She said with a bright smile on her face. I run up to her and give her a big bear hug. "Happy birthday Belly button."

"There's the birthday girl, looking like a vision in floral." Susannah smiles.

Jere was the next one to hug her. "Happy sweet sixteen Bells, Now you're finally getting old."

Bellys face is now red from all the attention.

"Happy birthday," Steven says.

"Thanks everyone!" Belly smiles from ear to ear.

"happy birthday Sweetheart" Mom says, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks mom." She notices Conrad hasn't said anything and frowns.

Without her noticing I walk up to Conrad and slap his head.

"Ow what the fuck Ellie." he puts his head on the spot where I slapped him.

I gesture to Belly implying him to say happy birthday.

He sighs, "Happy birthday." He says with a fake smile, which makes Bellys frown return to a smile.

"Your mickey mouse pancakes are ready." Mom announces.

Belly turns even more red, getting embarrassed by the fact she's sixteen and still eats mickey mouse pancakes. "I'm not really hungry right now." she softly mumbles.

"It's okay Bells we can open presents." I reassure her, rubbing circles on her shoulder.

"Oh your gonna love mine." Mom says.

Everyone moves into the living room and sits down on the couch, Conrad sits away from everyone on the arm chair.

Mom is the first one to give her a present, handing her a big bag with a book inside. "I got it from a rare book dealer, if you look inside it's your favorite poem."

Belly opens the bookmarked page and smile, "I remember this! For whatever we lose."

"Like a you or a me" Jere and Belly say together.

"It's always ourselves, we find in the sea." Everyone else continues. Savannah used to read us this silly poem all the time. She was in love with it.

"Okay open mine next!" Savannah hands her a wrapped box. As belly opens it Savannah tells her the story of it.

"So last summer I gave Ellie the pearl bracelet my mom gave me for my sweet 16." She gestures towards my hand which I raise for Belly to see as she finishes unwrapping the box. "But what I didn't tell you is that she also gave me a necklace."

"It's beautiful, thank you." Belly smiles.

"Oh i'm next" Jere throws a box at Belly.

"It's a good luck charm, to help you pass your driving test."

Belly shows off her bracelet. "Its perfect." She laughs.

"Think fast Belly." Steven throws his horribly wrapped present at belly.