𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

My phone rings at six am.

It is way too early for this. I check to see who it is and it's my best friend, Ari calls. I groan before grabbing my phone and answering it. Putting the phone to my ear I whisper trying not to disturb anyone else in the house.

"What?" i groan

"How was the first night?" Ari says on the other side of the phone. She always calls me on the second day to see how i'm doing so far. She knows not to call first night because that's when i'm settling in. But she never calls this early.

"Can i tell you this when i'm actually awake" i mutter

"No i'm about to leave for softball" she insists

I forgot how early softball practice is. Thank goodness i don't have to be there for that.

"It was good, i went to the bonfire last night"

"Was conrad there?" She says, very aware of the fact i find him cute.

"Yeah he was-"

She squeals on the other side of the phone which causes me to hold the phone away from my ear until she stops.

"Did you make a move?" She jokes.

"No but he-"

"Shit my moms calling, i'm sorry Ellie, I got to go. I'll text you later, love you." She hangs up.

I groan and stare at the ceiling.

Well I'm already up, I could go watch the sunrise.

I get up and change into a cropped white shirt and some jean shorts before getting up to go to the restroom. I make sure to brush my teeth, and wash my face before noticing the bruise on my eye. Fuck. I better cover that up before mom actually kills me. I put on some color corrector and cover it up with concealer.

It looks decent but still kinda noticeable. Oh well.

I head out into the backyard and to the beach.

Once i get to the beach i see conrad sitting there, he's on the sand smoking a cigarette.

He's probably here to watch the sunrise as well. He turns around to see who walked up to him and smiles. His smile is so nice. It's rare to see it this summer.

"Hows your eye?" he grins. 

"Oh fuck you" I shove him.

"Your gonna have a black eye." he says worriedly checking it out.

I like Conrad Fisher caring about me.

"I already do. Can you tell? I had to cover it with makeup but I think it's swelling a bit."

"You know what'll make you feel better?" He says looking at my eye.

"Hm?" I manage to say.

"A muffin run," He smiles.

This is the Conrad I missed. Before something changed him and he became a dick. This person that I'm looking at is the person who always checked up on me and spent time with me instead of staying in his room all day. I miss this conrad.

"Is this because you feel bad for elbowing me in the face." I say.

"Maybe," He shrugs "But muffins are muffins." 

Conrad stands up before he holds his hand out and helps me up as well. Always a gentleman Conrad. I wipe the sand off  my ass before following Conrad to the car. 

I get into the passenger seat and put my feet up on the dashboard. Conrad always hates when I do that after we come from  because i get sand on it. But this time he doesn't say anything. I smile and look out the window.