𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮

The Fourth of July in Cousins is all about traditions. Susannah decks out the whole house, the dads come up for the weekend, the boys steam clams and shoot off fireworks, and my best friend Ari gets to visit.

It's Susannah's favorite holiday, every year she goes all out and have a big party with a million different fireworks. 

My dad's coming with his new girlfriend. And right now me and steven are making bets on what she's gonna look like. I guessed someone young, maybe a blonde. Steven thinks it'll be a ginger his age.

"I still don't understand why you invited my dad's new girlfriend." I groan.

"Her name is Victoria, and your father wanted us to meet her. Oh and that reminds me I need you to make the bed in the guest room."

"They're staying here?" I scoff.

  "Yeah," She sighs.

"Speaking of dads," Susannah speaks up, "Yours called. He's closing a deal and won't make it."

Jere who just walked in from washing the clams chimes in, "Did you say dads not coming?" He frowns, Susannah nods in response.

"But I got some serious fireworks for the show this year."

Jere has always looked up to his dad, seeing him as his inspiration. when he comes for the summer Jere always follows him around like a little puppy. Conrad doesn't seem too disappointed that his dad's not coming. In fact he almost looks relieved. Maybe it's about conrad dropping out of football.

"We can take a video Jere." I rub his back.

"But it's not the same." He mutters, it hurts to see him this devastated.

"I know."

                                                                        °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"You got to fold the sheets a certain angle if you want them tight." Conrad stands by the doorway, watching me struggle putting the sheets on. I listen to what he says put still fail to put them at whatever stupid angle he's talking about.

"Yeah not like that, here let me see." He goes on the opposite side of the bed folding the sheets in.

"Thank you." I sit on the bed where he sits next to me. 

"Don't you think it's weird that my dad's staying in this room with victoria." I put my head on his shoulder pouting.

"Well i'm sure they're not gonna have loud sex" He shrugs with a dumb grin.

 "Ew I don't wanna imagine that." I protest. "I bet she's really bitchy."

"What if she's just a really nice person?" He reassures.

"And what if she is a bitch." 

We both laugh and he puts his arm around me, "It's going to be fine don't stress about it."

A car honks outside the window of the guest room. "I'm sorry your dad's not coming."

"Don't be. i'm not." He smiles.

"Aw why's that."

Before he can even answer mom comes into the room. "Ellie." she whispers "The bitch is here"

Me and Conrad both go downstairs and the moms greet them first while all of us watch them outside the window.

"She's hot." Steven announces.