𝓣𝓮𝓷

"Hey. Can you be nice to Dad for one day." Jere asks in a pissed off tone.

I roll my eyes. I wish I could tell him. I want to tell him everything, about the cheating, the cancer. I hate that he sees dad as a god. It pisses me off. How could an asshole like him be admired by Jeremiah. But I can't tell him, it'd kill him.

"Seriously, he's trying."

I don't care. I don't want him to defend Dad. I want him to hate him as much as I do, maybe i've been harsh but I don't care. He doesn't deserve everyone to be so nice to him. I wish he didn't even come, he has no right to.

"Good for him." I scoff. 

Jere grabs some dirt from the ground and throws it at me.

"Whatever beef you have with him- just squash it." 

"Please." He adds

I exhale, walking off the sand and onto the pier when I see Ellie with her head in her hands. She looks stressed. Before i finish walking all the way to her she looks up at me. She's so pretty.

Everytime I look at her it's like looking at her for the first time. I love all her features. Her light brown hair, he soft eyes, her beautiful smile.

"Hey." I smile.

"Hey.." She examines the dirt on my body. "Your dirty."

"I'm aware." I laugh at her blunt comment. I look around and notice no one else is here. "Wheres everyone else? Did they leave?"

"Yup." she groans putting her head back in her hands.

"What happened?" I sit down next to her.

She exhales. "So much."

She looks up at me with her brown eyes, "Did you know Steven and Taylor kissed?" 

"Really?"

I never would've imagined. I always thought she was into Jere.

She nods her head and looks down at the floor. I notice her best friend isn't with her like usual.

"Where's Ari?" I ask.

"Oh she went to go get some drinks." She shrugs.

"Ellie, " I pause for a moment, taking a deep breath. I need to ask her, every time I try we get interrupted.

She looks directly into my eyes, my weakness.

"I erm," Spit it out Conrad. "Can I take you to the ball? I mean I know some of the dances already."

Her eyes widen in shock. Fuck. I messed up. I shouldn't have asked her. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"I mean you don't have to say yes it's kinda stu-"

"I'd love to." She interrupts.

I let out a deep breath, it's like i've been holding it this whole time. Relief flows through my entire body.

"That- that's great. " I let out an awkward chuckle. "Well I have to get this dirt off of me so i'll see you later."

"Okay yeah." She smiles, her beautiful face a light shade of pink.

I get up from next to her and head to the shower on the side of the house. 

I turn on the water and wash the dirt off my body, still thinking about that whole conversation. Replaying every bit in my head. I can't believe I was so scared to ask this whole time. 

My thoughts are interuppted when a drunken Belly comes to the shower i'm at. "Oh sea creaturee." she slurs, stumbling her steps as she walks towards me. "Where are youu?"

"In the shower." I shout hoping she won't come over.

She stands in front of the shower holding two cups of her margaritas, one almost finished and another one full. 

"Everyone left." she smirks holding out the cup. "But we still got margaritas to drink." 

"Yeah I heard." I chuckle awkwardly. 

I've always been aware of Bellys little crush on me, which makes it weirder that she's examining my bare chest.

She furrows her eyebrows. "How?" 

"Ellie told me." I shrug, continuing to wash my body with water. Please go away.

She laughs softly. "I've always liked you with wet hair." She sighs. "It's so...romantic."

I laugh at her dumb words. "What's so romantic about wet hair?"

"You just don't get it." She takes a deep breath, swaying.

"How many of those have you had?" I ask.

"two..five it- it doesn't matter." She interrupts herself. "Lemme ask you this though. Did you get me that infinity necklace for my birthday?" 

I stop in my tracks, my silence being her confirmation. But the truth is it's not for her. It's for Ellie, I promised I would travel infinity with her. I meant it. 

But before I can even tell Belly it's not for her she lets out a loud laugh. "I knew it! I was right." She giggles. 

"Can I get some privacy please." I roll my eyes.

"I knew it!" She whispers to herself, walking off. 

                                                              °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

                       𝑨 𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚𝒆𝒅!