aspire; 52

LII

LII. leehaechan┊𝙽𝙲𝚃 .                                       
────❝[   Goodbye for a while   ]

The excitement in the room was reciprocated from every member but Donghyuck. It was getting closer to the time of their departure, and they were all chilling around in the living room of their dorm, with their bags in their laps.

They were having a group discussion, but Donghyuck seemed out of it. He knew there was about an hour before they had to leave, and he knew Jia was on her way to the dorm, but he couldn't help but be sad and nervous about being long distance for a while.

They were travelling as far as America, 14 hours away. Almost seven thousand kilometres away. Instead of happily joining into the conversation, he was zoning out thinking about how it may be like if he didn't have time to contact her.

Would their relationship fail? Would they break up? Would she get tired of his busy schedule? Most importantly, would she wait for him? All those questions were circling his mind as he thought about the consequences of getting into a private relationship.

He loved her, it was no doubt, but their relationship was only around a month and a half old. There was no doubt in her losing faith this early. He hoped he never would, but he knew if there came a time during his trip where they stayed out of contact for too long, it might result in a breakup. That was the last thing he wanted.

Oh how the boy desperately wished he could go to sleep and wake up 3 months into the future, oh how he wished he could somehow be promised that everything would be fine, when in reality there's no way to tell that.

A voice knocked Donghyuck out of his thoughts, pulling him back to his bittersweet reality. "Yo.. Donghyuck, you good dude?" Mark asked him, the dreamies attention was fixated on the boy. "Oh- yeah I'm fine." He awkwardly said.

"You sure? Because you look like you're 2 seconds away from shitting yourself." Renjun added, trying to be as honest with him as possible. Donghyuck sighed, it was always hard to hide his feelings from the dreamies.

"I'm okay- I swear! Just you know? Flight jitters?"
"Donghyuck. We all know you, and we know that you're the loudest one other than Chenle, and for some reason you're the quietest right now." Jaemin added on.

"Guys I promise, I'm okay.. just drop it." He sighed, knowing his worrisome expression couldn't falter even with the interrogation.

The boys wanted to question him more, but being interrupted by a knock at the door, they decided it would be best to just leave it alone.

Jisung was the one to open the door for Jia. Her backpack was still on and it had looked like she just finished school. "Hi, come in. Everyone's in the living room." He greeted, the girl, moving aside to let her in.

"Hi jisung, how are you feeling? Excited?" She made small talk with the boy, as she took her shoes off. "Yeah I'm really excited but I'm also super nervous. I think.. everyone's a bit nervous though." He spoke, mostly about donghyuck.