Chapter 2: Crush

After having a talk with the teacher,Hyejin left the classroom with the report card in her hand. On the way, she saw Y/N's best friend Park Eunseo and approched her.

"Eunseo, where is Y/N?"

"Aunty... she's in the l-library! Wait here I'll call her."

Nodding at her she waited for Eunseo to call Y/N.

Eunseo immediately ran away but not towards library but towards the basketball court.

........

"MINHYUN" "MINHYUN" "MINHYUN"

Y/N cheered for her crush, Hwang Minhyun.

Hwang Minhyun, the captain of the basketball team of the school. He's tall, handsome and rich. Girls go crazy over just his glances towards them. The way he dribbles the ball and scores the goal makes everyone get amazed by his sporty skills.

Y/N liked Minhyun since middle school. It's because one day he had helped her when she fell down during P.E. class and that's when she started blooming feelings for him.

She didn't hide the fact that she liked Minhyun. She would support him during his games and would also cheer loudly for him. Everyone was aware of her feelings for him. But it didn't matter. Why? Because she was also just one of the girls who liked him crazily.

Sadly, she hadn't officially confessed to him yet, Minhyun knew how she felt. But he didn't care at all and would even not pay attention to her. Yet Y/N would give him drinks and snacks after his every game.

"WHOAAAA"

The crowd cheered when Minhyun scored the last goal making thier team win. Everybody ran towards him congratulating. Y/N again gave him his favourite juice and a towel to wipe. When she was doing that, Eunseo emerged from the crowd and dragged Y/N out of it.

"Hey! Why the hell are you dragging me?!"

"Your mom is looking up for you. I told her you'll be in the library and I'll go call you."

Dragging her towards her mom, Eunseo stayed besides Y/N.

"Hi mom!"

Y/N said with a plain smile on her face with her right hand raised upto her shoulder. Hyejin didn't even greet her back and pulled her ear dragging her towards the car.

Through her peripheral view, she saw Eunseo sighing at her.

"Ouch!! Mom, what are you doing?! leave me!"

Forcing Y/N to sit in the car, she yelled at her.

"LEE Y/N?! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE SERIOUS WITH YOUR STUDIES?!

Y/N got flinched by her mother's shout.

"What have I not done for you huh?! Dresses? I bought you! Make up? You have tons of it! Jewellery? You have diamond necklaces!What else have I not given you?! Why can't you put the effort in studying which you waste in wandering around and gossiping with people? Do you know how difficult it is to raise a child without a father?! Ever since he died, all I have faced is sufferings. The company, the business and you .Why can't you understand that Y/N?"

Y/N looked at her mother with a sad expression. Tears rolled down Hyejin's eyes whilst her eyes showed how disappointed she was with her daughter.

Lim Hyejin, a very rich businesswoman. Known for her smart mind and her elegant beauty. She's the CEO of the fashion brand 'Belle' started by Lee Jongwook, her husband.

Since Y/N was the heir of the company, within some years she would replace her. And that is what worried Hyejin. Knowing her daughter, who doesn't even get good marks in high school how would she handle a whole company when the responsibilities are brought on her shoulders. All she wanted for her daughter was to study, get a good college, have good qualification and run the company. But watching her wandering around, she prayed that her daughter would be better.

Hyejin was so dwelled into her thoughts that she didn't realise that they had arrived at their house. Y/N immediately exited the car not even glancing at her mother.

'Couldnt she even say a sorry?'

Sometimes the way Y/N behaved with her made her question whether she failed to raise her daughter. The rude remarks and the looks Y/N would give her made her feel disappointed with herself. She would let Y/N behave however she wanted because she was her only child and that too without a father. Hyejin wanted Y/N to live a happy life that's why she would give her freedom to do whatever she wanted but unknowingly would also spoil her daughter.

But this time it was enough. Senior year of high school was a crucial moment in her life where her marks would decide her college. Though Hyejin could get Y/N enrolled in any college with the help of money, she wanted her daughter to go there with her merit and her efforts.

The dinner at their place was always full of silence. No laughter, no talks between the mother and the daughter. Just the sound of clinking plates and utensils. It's not like they hated each other but the bond between both of them was not so strong for them to have a good talk. Busy with work since Y/N's birth, Hyejin would let the maids babysit Y/N. Maybe that was the reason for the lack of deepness in thier bond.

After the dinner, Hyejin contacted Jeonghan and asked him to meet at their house by the next day which
was Sunday.

......