Chapter 15: Goodbye

"Y/N, I think you should meet him for the last time."

Eunseo said to Y/N who was now laying on her bed deep in her thoughts.

"I am scared Eunseo. I think I don't have the courage to see him go away from here."

"I understand Y/N. But I still don't want you to regret not watching him for the last time. Joshua and Seungcheol will be going there too. We should bid him a goodbye for his new life."

Eunseo said to Y/N making her go met Jeonghan at his house.

Last night Jeonghan had texted on their group chat that he would be leaving the next day for the US due to his studies and the Joshua, Seungcheol and Eunseo went crazy. They were angry at him for not letting them know but after hearing him they calmed down.

......

"Jeonghan did you take everything?"

"Yes mom. Everything's ready."

"Okay don't forget to eat something during your flight. And call us when you reach there."

Jeonghan nodded at his mother.

"Yoon Jeonghan!"

Seungcheol and Joshua shouted and came towards him hugging tightly.

"You b*stard! You didn't even tell us! Take care of yourself there. Keep calling us! God... I'm going to miss you."

Seungcheol said.

"Take care of your health and be happy."

Joshua said keeping his hand on Jeonghan's shoulder. Jeonghan nodded at him. Just then he saw Eunseo and Y/N approaching.

"Take care Jeonghan! Happy journey!

Eunseo said and hugged him. Y/N stood there quietly unable to talk.

"Jeonghan here's your luggage. Now sit in the car."

His father said keeping the luggage in the trunk of the car and closing it. Nodding at his father, he gave his friends a last glance and finally to his lover. She stood there looking as beautiful as ever but with an absence of a smile.

He sat in the car as the engine of the car started. Finally, the tears which he had held fell down his face. He cried silently for his lover. Just then he heard a familiar voice shouting.

"TAKE CARE JEONGHAN! I LOVE YOU!"

He pulled out his head from the window only to see Y/N with a smile on his face. He smiled back and yelled

"I WILL! THANK YOU Y/N!"

And with that he sat back in the car still with that smile on his face.

When Jeonghan sat in the car, Y/N saw his car moving away. She understood this was the last time she would probably see him and she didn't want to let him go with a sad face. She yelled at him to which he replied back and that too with a big smile.

Y/N realised that some things in the life were just meant to be there temporary because those moments later led us to the paths people were destined of. She was unaware of how the future would unfold but for now she understood that this goodbye was essential for her as well as for him and that she should move on with her life. Maybe she would stop loving him later on, but she would always cherish those beautiful memories she had with him even in her old age.

Her Sun now had set and the Earth had to meet the moon. Maybe someone else will be her moon and shine even in her dark times.

And this is how her love was unrequited.

THE END

......

And this how the book ended. Thank you for reading it. Hope y'all enjoyed reading it.