Chapter 14: The Confession

"Okay wait let me login into my profile."

Y/N logged in into her profile to check whether she had got admission into the university. Jeonghan was besides her sitting looking at the screen of the laptop.

"Miss Lee Y/N you have been ACCEPTED IN OUR UNIVERSITY!!"

Y/N yelled with joy hugging Jeonghan tightly.

"I'm proud of you Y/N."

Jeonghan said with a smile on his face.

"Y/N? Did you get in?"

Her mom came towards them asking.

"YES! Yes, I did mom!"

She exclaimed. Jeonghan watched the mother-daughter duo expressing joy.

......

Jeonghan got home just then his phone buzzed with a notification. It was an email he received from the foreign university he had applied to.
His eyes widened upon opening it which clearly read that he was accepted into the prestigious university and would have to move to US for it. He felt joyed but that didn't last for long because he suddenly thought of his family and friends he would leave behind especially the girl he loved.

His parents were overjoyed. They hugged him while crying being proud of their son.

"Mom, dad but I'm afraid to leave y'all here."

"Han, don't be. Now you have grown up. You should learn to live without your parents and don't worry about us. We are strong enough."

His father assured him. Jeonghan nodded with tears in his eyes.

It had been a week since Jeonghan had received the good news but he had hid it from his friends. He didn't have the courage to face them and tell them that he won't be around here and that he would leave everything behind here. He was checking the stuff he had packed into the boxes when suddenly he felt vibration in his hands and checked it was a text from Y/N to meet near the Han river at their usual spot.

......

It was the evening time when the sun was about to set. Jeonghan saw Y/N standing watching the beautiful sky waiting for him. He approached her.

"Hey, why did you call me here? Is everything alright?"

Jeonghan asked her.

"It is. Don't worry... I just wanted to tell you something."

"Sure, what is it?"

"I...I love you Jeonghan."

Jeonghan was stunned at her words. Did she just say she loved him? Love?

"W-what?"

Those were the only words he could escape through his mouth.

"Yes, I truly love you. You are the most beautiful person I have ever met and ever since I haven't stopped thinking about you. Maybe it took me a while to get here, but I think I have always loved you and continue to love you no matter what. I love the way your eyes crinkle when you smile. The smile so endearing...do you know that it makes my day better? Do you know that everytime you aren't with me my eyes always search for you even in the crowd? My day starts with thinking about you and it ends with your thought. Whenever you are near me my heart just beats so rapidly but there's this serene feeling within me which I love. You are the one who made me improve myself and I don't think I would be so wonderful right if you weren't there. That's how special you are to me Jeonghan."

Jeonghan's chest heaved with emotions. Joy? Yes. Excitement? Yes. Sad? Yes. He felt exhilarated with her words. She said she loves him and he did too but the thought of leaving her behind saddened him. He could not do this to her and that's why he did what he felt was right to do.

Y/N tried to hold his hand requesting for a reply from him but Jeonghan stepped back not allowing her to hold his hand. He saw the look on her face when he did that. She was hurt because she understood what that action meant.

"I don't have feelings for you Y/N."

Jeonghan gathered his courage to say those words. But in real, he wanted to reply to her positivly, hold her and hug her so tight as if the world's snatching her away from him.

Y/N had a strom of emotions going on in her mind. Composing herself, she smiled at him as tears welled up in her eyes.

"It's okay. Not everybody get's what they want. And love can't be forced right? I wish you find someone who truly loves you."

'You are that one'

Jeonghan thought but couldn't say it out loud. He was afraid that he would leave her here hence it was better for her to live without him and move on with her life.

Y/N turned herself to walk home until she heard his words.

"I forgot to tell you, I got accepted into the university in US. I'll be moving out tomorrow."

Y/N paused her steps and looked back at him.

"What? Tomorrow? And you are telling this now? Do you even consider me as your friend?"

She questioned him with a mix of emotions.

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring it up."

That's all he could say and hung his head low.

Y/N paced at him fastly and being selfish she did what her heart told to do. Holding his face gently, she attached her lips onto his kissing him. Jeonghan was stunned at her move. Although he felt surreal, he didn't kiss her back. Because that would give her as a sign that he loved her too.

Y/N moved back and stared into his eyes as tears streamed down her face.

"I'm sorry for kissing you. I just wanted to be selfish this last moment. Take care of yourself when you go there and be happy always. I love you Jeonghan."

She hugged him resting her head in his shoulder.

'I love you too'

Jeonghan replied to her within his mind. His eyes welled up with tears.

"Don't cry Y/N. Yes, I will take care of myself and hope you do the same. Thanking you for loving me so much."

He wiped the tears streaming down her face with his thumb.

They continued to stare at each other silently. The sun had set now yet it's rays were spread in the sky making the sky orange.

Sunset is such a beautiful phenomenon of the nature. The sun shining brightly throughout the day but when the right time comes it ultimately nedded to end. Just like her love. It was graceful and surreal but nedded to end because this was not what her fate was. The sunset was a sign for her to bid the person a bye and start a new day with a beautiful sunrise.

He was her Sun and she was the Earth. But the only difference was that this Sun in her life was never going to rise beside her unlike the planet Earth. Indeed Earth is so lucky. She envied it.

......