Chapter 12: Birthday

"Okay so Joshua you are going to distract him and take him somewhere. By that time Eunseo, Seungcheol and I will decorate the house."

Y/N whispered to Joshua. Eunseo, Joshua, Seungcheol and Y/N all except Jeonghan were sitting in the cafeteria planning for Jeonghan's surprise birthday party.

"Y/N! Y/N! He's coming!"

Eunseo whispered when she observed that Jeonghan was approaching their table.

"Hey everyone! What are y'all talking about?"

Jeonghan asked them.

"We were planning for your-"

Y/N kicked Seungcheol's leg under the table making him shut his mouth.

"Plan for?"

"Haha nothing...we were just planning for the History project teacher gave us."

Jeonghan nodded his head and sat besides Y/N. He observed everyday who were now talking about the History project.

'Don't they remember my birthday?'

Jeonghan thought but continued talking with them.

......

Jeonghan was lying on the bed after the school looking up at the sealing.

Jeonghan pov

*sigh*

They seriously don't remember my birthday?!

I know that every year only mom and dad wished me but this year when I finally have made friends I hoped they would wish me.

I sulked at them.

Just then I heard mom calling for me.

"Jeonghan! Joshua's here to meet you!"

"Coming mom!"

I got excited. Joshua's here! Is he here to wish me? I excitedly got down only to see him with a guitar. I tilted my head confused.

Is he going to gift me that guitar? I don't think so. He's selfish when it comes to sharing things.

"Hey Jeonghan! Will you go somewhere with me?"

Jeonghan nodded and followed him out of the house.

......

"Sunday morning rain is falling-"

"Joshua I swear if you start singing that song again I'll kill you!"

Joshua stopped playing his guitar and looked at him.

"It's been an hour and we are sitting in the park for God knows what reason!"

Jeonghan continued expressing his annoyance.

It had been an hour since Joshua had taken Jeonghan to the park where he played songs for him. Well it was just his trick to distract Jeonghan so that Y/N and all could prepare for the surprise.

"I'm done with this."

Jeonghan said and got up ready to go home.

"Wait-"

Joshua said following him.

"What?!"

Jeonghan yelled. Just then Joshua received a message from Y/N that everything was ready.

"Nothing...go home"

Jeonghan looked at him confused.

"What?... Fine I'm going."

He started walking away.

......

"Seriously you followed me till the house?!"

"I didn't follow you."

"Yeah, yeah your feet subconsciously took you towards my house right?"

Jeonghan stood near the frontdoor and rang the bell. But no one received it. He tried to open the door which was surprisingly unlocked. Opening the door he saw all darkness.

"Mom? Dad? Why aren't the lights on?"

He turned on the lights.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEONGHAN!!!"

He saw his parents, Y/N, Eunseo and Seungcheol wearing a birthday hat and wishing him. The room was decorated with balloons and a cake was placed on the table.

"BOO"

"AHHH... Joshua?! You startled me!"

Joshua who was behind Jeonghan all this time scared him.

"Come here Jeonghan let's cut the cake!"

His mom called him.

"Happy Birthday to you!"

They all started singing the song. This was Jeonghan's definition of a birthday party. His friends and family surrounded by him. Everyone being happy and a beautiful homemade cake.

"Thank you so much everyone for the surprise."

"You should thank Y/N, Jeonghan. She's the one who planned it."

Eunseo said with a smile. Jeonghan looked at Y/N who also had a beautiful smile on her face.

"Thank you Y/N..."

He stared at her. She offered him a smile.

"Jeonghan, I have a gift for you."

Y/N extended her hand and offered him a box. He opened the box and his eyes widened. It was a watch not just a simple one but a Rolex watch.

"Y/N, this is so expensive. It wasn't necessary... I'm sorry I can't take it..."

"It's okay Jeonghan. Am I not special to you?"

"You are."

"Then you have to wear it."

"Okay fine. I will always wear it."

They both smiled at each other staring into each other's eyes.

Again there was Eunseo who clicked a photo of them with her phone.

"Are you perhaps their photographer?"

Joshua asked jokingly.

"I am just capturing the beautiful moments of life."

She said as they both adored the sight in front of them.

......