Chapter 9: The sunset

"Eunseo, did you see Jeonghan anywhere?"

Y/N asked searching for Jeonghan.

"I saw him in the library earlier-Wait! You are here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Minhyun's having a match right now and you not being there surprises me!"

"Oh he's having a match? But I'm busy, I need to find Jeonghan."

'Jeonghan effect, I see' Eunseo thought to herself.

"He's in the library"

"Okay thanks"

And by that, Y/N ran away leaving Eunseo behind.

"Oh my! I can already picture their wedding!"

She giggled at herself.

......

"Jeonghan!"

Y/N yelled when she saw him sitting on one of the chairs in the library. The whole library glared towards her making a shhh sound indicating to be quiet. Embarassed Y/N sat besides Jeonghan. He looked up towards her and mouthed 'what?'

"Are you free later? We can go somewhere by my car!"

She whispered.

"I'm not doing anything illegal"

He whispered back.

"Why? I wanted to see the sunset near the Han river"

"If so... We can cycle over there!"

"Cycle?... okay fine. Today at 5 pm, meet me at the Han river."

Y/N exited the library and Jeonghan continued reading his book.

......

"Miss Claire, where is my cycle?"

Y/N asked one of the maids.

"Cycle? It's in the store room...Miss you haven't used it since a long time it might need some repairing."

"I'll take care of that!"

Y/N brought out the cycle from the store room. Miss Claire was right. It looked so worn out and definitely needed reparing. She first cleaned the cycle thoroughly and called the mechanic.

The mechanic fixed everything and now the cycle was ready for use. She checked the time and found there were 20 minutes left. Quickly getting ready, she rode off towards the Han river.

As soon as she reached the destination, she saw Jeonghan waiting for her.

"You are exactly 7 minutes and 37 seconds late"

He said checking his watch. Y/N rolled her eyes at his remark.

They continued cycling around the river for some time. Getting tired, they sat near the pavement besides the river.

Winter was soon approaching hence the sun was setting early than it did in the summer days. They both observed the beautiful sunset. The red and orange hues spread across the sky and the redish orange ball of fire sinking down marking the end of the day.

"This feels so nice!"

Jeonghan expressed his eyes still on the beautiful sky. Y/N stretched out her arms relaxing her body and looked up towards the sky. Flocks of birds returning to their respective homes.

Birds are such beautiful creatures. They wake up early, work all day and return home just after the sun sets. They fly high in the sky as if having a feeling of dominance over the animals on the land who can't fly, especially humans.

"I want to be a bird in my next life"

Y/N expressed her wish smiling a little.

"Then I'll be a shooter and shoot you down"

Jeonghan said still looking at the sky.

"Wow, you are so cruel!"

"Indeed, just for you."

Jeonghan laughed.

"This sunset is so beautiful right? It's like a golden curtain closing on the day. The way it bids Earth a goodbye is so overwhelming. Earth is so lucky to receive such a beautiful end greeting."

Y/N said calmly.

"But doesn't the Earth feel sad because her companion goes away?"

Jeonghan asked her turning his head towards her.

"It does. But the way they both get separated is so full of love and warmth that the Earth sheds tears not of sadness but full of joy reminiscing the beautiful moments they spent together. Also, the Sun meets her everyday so the pain of having an ending everyday is swallowed by it."

"That's beautiful. Do you read books?"

"Sometimes."

Y/N shrugged.

"You know what Y/N, you are more than you appear to be. I won't deny that initially I thought of you as a silly person but you are so thoughtful sometimes. You speak really good sometimes."

"Sometimes? You mean I'm silly other times?"

Y/N raised her eyebrow at him crossing her arms.

"Maybe..."

Jeonghan laughed at her whilst Y/N made a grumpy face.

"Hey, you were supposed to treat me with an ice cream!"

"Ice cream?"

"Yeah, remember the bet we made while playing at my house the other day? Who ever loses has to give winner an ice cream."

Jeonghan thought for a bit recalling the incident.

"Oh right! Let's go then I'll treat you with one"

He got up and went near his cycle.

"Then I want Butter Scotch flavour with two scoops!"

She followed him and sat on her cycle.

"As you say your Majesty"

Jeonghan joked and soon both of them rode towards the ice cream shop.

......