Chapter 11: Mother

Y/N entered her home and sighed sitting on the couch.

"Where's mom?"

She asked one of the maids.

"Mrs Lee's not home yet."

Y/N nodded her head at the response. It's not a surprise for her. Her mom would return home very late sometimes and she understood it was due to her work. Just then she remembered Jeonghan's mother's words and decided that today she would actually talk with her mother and apologize her for her past behaviour.

It was almost 12 am when Hyejin returned home. She was tired due to the constant meetings and new people meeting her everytime. Getting exhausted she sat on the couch and leaned her head backwards to get a feeling of relief.

"Mom, have some water."

She opened her eyes and looked at Y/N who was offering her a glass of water. She gulped down the water whilst Y/N sat besides her. She saw Y/N fidgeting her fingers and looking down.

"Do you want to talk about something, dear? Is there any problem?"

Hyejin asked with concern.

Y/N finally spoke up.

"Well....mom.... I'm sorry..."

"Sorry for what dear?"

"For everything. For troubling you, for disappointing you, for speaking rude with you...for everything. I'm truly sorry for my behaviour, mom. It was so immature of me to ignore your efforts for earning money for us and yet I didn't listen to you."

She said and put her head down showing a feeling of disappointment for herself.

Hyejin smiled and gently placed her hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"Y/N, it's fine dear. Now that you have understood your mistakes I forgive you. I will admit that your behaviour had hurt me somewhere but I'm your mom dear. Also I'll always love you no matter what. But just remember don't ever behave that way with others okay?"

Y/N nodded whilst tears rolled down her eyes.

"Oh my! Don't cry dear. You know when you were a kid and used to cry I would always give you a chocolate and you would stop crying. So.... here's one!"

Hyejin said pulling out a chocolate from her pocket and feeding Y/N.

"I love you mom"

"I love you too dear"

They both hugged each other embracing each other's love. The love between a mother and her child is indeed beyond limits. No person in the world can love someone the way a mother loves her child. That is how Hyejin loved her daughter. But circumstances drew them apart and now that they had finally spoken up she was on cloud nine.

"Y/N, I'm sorry too. I wasn't there with you all the time."

"Don't apologise mom. I have understood that you work all day for us to live a good life."

"You have grown so much Y/N. Jongwook would be so happy to see his daughter grow so well."

Hyejin's eyes welled up with tears remembering her husband. The man she loved and still loves with all her heart. Sadly he died due to a car accident.

"I miss dad"

"Me too"

They stayed silent for a moment each of them remembering the precious memories they had with him.

"Y/N, how about we have a date tomorrow?"

Hyejin winked at Y/N.

"Date? As in do what?"

"Just shopping and hanging out...? I need some break from my work too."

"I would love to hangout with you mom"

The mother-daughter duo continued having their conversation.

......

The next day

Y/N returned from her school and she and her mother hung out all day after that.

Currently they were eating ice cream sitting in a park.

"Y/N,you are just like your father. He liked mint icecream too"

Y/N smiled and rested her head on her mother's shoulder. They both continued resting. The October breeze flowing smoothly. The trees lacking the lush green leaves and the atmosphere being cold. But the warmth received from their loved ones was enough to keep people warm. Same as Y/N. The loved feeling Y/N felt from her mother made her feel like she had gained a new life.

Y/N pulled out her phone to check time just then her eyes widened.

"It's October 4 tomorrow?!"

She exclaimed sitting straight. Hyejin looked at her with worry.

"Is there something tomorrow?"

"It's Jeonghan's birthday tomorrow! And I didn't get any gift for him nor I planned anything for the surprise we were going to give him! Mom, let's go I need to buy him something!"

"Okay dear let's go! But come down first."

"Mom, how can I? It's his birthday"

"Is he that special to you?"

Her mother teased her a bit.

"Ofcourse he is."

"Ahh... I see...You know I don't mind you dating but no getting distracted from studies."

Her mother said with a teasing smile.

"Mom! It's nothing like that! He's just my friend!"

"Okay dear, let's go buy him something."

......

How is Y/N's mom so chill about dating?🥱 My mom would kick me out of the house 💀

......