Chapter 10: Family

Y/N pov

"Hong Jisoo!"

"Present ma'am!"
.
.
.
"Park Eunseo!"

"Present!"
.
.
.
"Lee Y/N!"

"Present..."
.
.
.
"Yoon Jeonghan!"

No voice heard.

"Yoon Jeonghan"

I saw the teacher looking around searching for Jeonghan. Is he sleeping? I scanned the whole class only to realise that he wasn't present today.

"Looks like he isn't present today."

The teacher noted it down.

"So students, now I'll be conducting a surprise chemistry test. So prepare yourself."

I saw the murmuring in the class increased. Some students groaned and some looked confident. And me? Well I'm not worried nor confident about it. I did revise chemistry yesterday but I wouldn't say I remember everything I did. Ever since Jeonghan has entered my life, my grades have soared high. The girl who hardly studied, revised everything before the class started. I was very much proud of myself for this growth.

The test was pretty simple. All the reactions which Jeonghan always nagged me to learn were there. Thank him, now I can recall everything quickly. I submitted the test and sighed a relief. I looked around to find Jeonghan and ask him about his test only to realise he wasn't present.

Right, he is absent today. Is he sick? Is he on a holiday? Is he fine? Such thoughts circulated my mind. Nevertheless I continued the classes ahead still thoughts of him in my mind.

......

It was the lunch break now. I was sitting alone at the table today. Well, ever since Jeonghan started tutoring me, he would sit with Eunseo and me. But today he was absent. Lately, Eunseo hadn't been sitting with us. She didn't tell us any reason but I considered maybe she needed some space which I understood. Moreover, it was also her strategy of leaving me and Jeonghan alone.

"Y/N!"

I was engrossed in my thoughts until I heard Eunseo calling out my name. I saw her standing near my table with a guy holding hands with him. Hong Jisoo huh?

Hong Jisoo also known as Joshua. He was known as the 'Sunday morning guy' due to his immense love for that song that he would sing it in every singing competition he would participate and also while casually walking in the hallway. He wasn't like the topper of that class (the topper is Jeonghan) but he was pretty smart and a bit....crazy? I don't know.

A guy who walked on his hands sometimes in the hallway, purposely pour water on himself when he felt like and singing Sunday morning everywhere would be called crazy right? But he is pretty handsome though and yeah he speaks English like an expensive man.

I got confused as to why Joshua and Eunseo were holding hands. Then it hit me. My eyes widened.

"Don't tell me-"

"Yes! We are dating!"

Eunseo said excitedly showing her clasped hand with Joshua.

"Since when?"

"Since Seungcheol's party!"

"It's been more than a month! B*tch, you hid this from your best friend for a month?!"

I said with a grumpy face.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Initially we had decided not to tell anyone so I was quiet about it."

"This doesn't justify your hiding. Anyways...sit down both of you."

I told them who were still standing. Joshua seemed to be a bit awkward.