Prologue

4 years prior

Ontario Toronto Canada

Jody's POV

" Why are you crying?"

The overwhelming feeling of losing a friend was hard.

He wasnt dead, but, he might as well have been.

Din Muktar was my very overweight best friend. He was the only one that got me through high school, and now sitting in our caps and gowns on his bed, I was suffering from separation anxiety.

He rubbed my shoulder, the only way that was comforting me because it wasn't his words.

" Why do you have to go! Why you just can't stay here and build your own platform?" I tried to clear my voice from all the sobbing, but it only made it worse when I tried.

Din was moving to Atlanta with his family. He had a opportunity to stay with his uncle but, he had his mind made up.

But he also was offered a very big opportunity in Atl to move into a mansion with five other individuals. He was a Youtuber, gaining many followers throughout the years and now hit almost a million follows.

His stubby hand grabbed mines, this was going to be the last time I saw him.

" I'll be back for you ok? I won't be too far. We can even facetime." He tried to reassure me.

But it wouldn't be the same.

I always spent every waking hour with him. Knowing that sounds a bit obsessive, I hated my home life. My parents were never home, being two Haitian doctors their schedules were filled and they always prioritized work.

Now, I found myself alone and my only friend moving to the U.S.

" I'll miss you." I simply said cuddling into him as he wrapped his arm around my back.

I started to laugh, making him react with a laugh as though he was questioning why I was laughing.

" You're crazy you know that? You cry one minute and now you laugh?"

" I never told you this...and I was going to keep it to the grave but, I wanted to lose my virginity to you."

Din looked perplexed. Looking down at his stomach, he never would've thought a girl would ever want to fuck him. I just so happened to be one of them.

Din was almost 255 pounds. He was very sweet, smart and had a full ride to college.

As for me I was only 110 pounds, so I was very small in comparison to him. But I still found him attractive. Because I knew Din before he even got fat.

" Why?"

I shrugged, withholding the real reason as to why I said that.

" Can I not just say it and just show you-

" Jody why do you have to lie to me?"

I sensed his frustration but I had no reason to lie. But in his mind, he was insecure.

" Now, you know damn well I would never lie to you Din! What reasons do I have?" I said truthfully.

His eyes can only look at me with regret. I couldn't blame him for thinking that way, I swear I couldn't. No one really liked him, and he was always isolated. Girls used him because he had a decent income coming in besides school and he felt out of place when it came to girls sometimes. His parents are kind, so his family life wasnt crazy like mines.

But maybe if I showed him how much I liked him, he would understand that I wasn't lying to him.

He kept babbling at the mouth. Making it known that it wouldn't work even if we decided to do it.

I grabbed both sides of his face, leaning in, and planting a fully soft kiss on his lips.

The two seconds was silent yet passionate.

I opened my eyes, his still closed trying to figure out exactly what happened. I smiled. Knowing that now I had to go through with my plan like I intended to.

And as we peeled off our clothing, I didnt understand the consequences that would come shorty after.

We were both young, both seeking a way out.

But it didn't change his mind.

Din Muktar, departed from Canada that following Monday. Leaving behind a Goodbye letter and some cash on my nightstand.

I wish I was able to see him before he left, but we all had our own lives and I was left to figure out mine.