6.

Narrator

***One Week Later***

  " 4+4 is 8, see ma I told you I was shmart."

The smile that graced Jody's lips was a pleased one, grateful that her baby was growing everyday.

On her downtime, Jody finds a way to grab Dylan any chance she got. She was preparing herself to get full custody of her child, even if Mrs. Parker didn't know it.

" You're doing so good! Now, what about that ice cream?"

" Yes!"

If anything, Jody was going to make sure her baby got whatever he wanted and needed and she was building receipts. Because the courts was determined to keep her child with his guardian if she didn't have anything the child needed.

" Umm, strawberry or chocolate?"

" I can't have chocolate. It makes me sick."

" I know baby, I was just testing you. Strawberry it is."

She put the two scoops in a bowl, giving it to Dylan watching him go to his respected area of the apartment to eat.

Sadness came over her as she would have to take her boy right back to Mrs. Parker. Mrs. Parker wasn't bad at all when it came to raising Dylan, but Jody knew that she would try her hardest to keep Dylan with her. And that only strained her relationship with the older woman.

Mrs. Parker has shown herself recently. Giving a stank glare whenever Jody came around and saying slick shit out the side of her neck that would pass Jody off. Jody had tough skin so Mrs. Parkers mannerisms wasn't phasing her.

" Mommy, I'm done."

Yeah, he had Dins appetite alright.

" Already?"

" Can I have more?"

" I'm sorry baby, but you know Mrs. Parker is coming to get you later."

" I don't want to go back, I want to stay here with you."

Dylan pouted as he was showing signs of separation anxiety. But there was something else that he wasn't telling you.

Dylan has always been a smart, intelligent child. So, when you looked in his eyes, you knew he was hiding something but he just didn't want to tell you.

You kneeled down in front of him, looking him in his eyes wanting him to be honest.

" Dylan, you know mommy don't like when you don't tell me something. What's wrong?"

" Mama P doesn't like you. She says mean things about you and tells me that you don't love me and that i belong to her."

Jody's heart sank to the pit of her stomach. She never thought that Mrs. Parker had something against her, and now Jody was on high alert.

" Is that all?"

" She spanks me when I talk about you."

Tears brimmed the little ones eyes. The pain she felt for her child wasn't something that she wanted to go through. Bringing Dylan into a hug, she though about Din and maybe it was time for him to meet his son.

If the two of them come together and make it known that they are well established to take care of their son then they will have a chance to win.

Jody has already hired a lawyer.

" You know what Dylan, you won't have to go back. How does that sound?"

" Really?! I can be with you?!"